I gave my life to Christ a very long time ago. He is continuing to shape and grow me and I would like to find someone who is being shaped and grown as well. I respect other people's right to practice whatever religion they choose (or don't choose, for those who don't believe in anything), but this is important enough to me that I need to be able to share that part of myself.
I am a Midwestern transplant to the area but I've been here long enough to call it home. I'm a bit old fashioned. I'm looking for a man who is chivalrous and kind, but not a pushover. I appreciate someone opening doors and letting me cook for him (and I definitely wouldn't complain if he cooked for me as well). I'm looking for a partnership, something where we can compliment each other. I love to laugh, so a good sense of humor is a plus.
Here are a few things about me:
- I love music. I sing and play the guitar and am a worship leader at my church. There is also a special place in my heart for loud, off-key karaoke.
- I love football, specifically the Kansas City Chiefs. (I'm still not ready to talk about last season)
- I'm kind of a political nerd. I follow politics pretty closely (partially because it's my job). We don't have to hold the same views, but I'd like it if we could at least respect each other's positions.
- I don't really like peanut butter or chocolate. I'm told that's weird.
- I have light brown eyes, which isn't really noticeable in any of my pictures.
- I usually don't wear make up, but I definitely love getting dolled up every now and again.
- My hair is straight in all of my pictures, but I've definitely been known to rock an afro every now and again.
- For some reason, I get mistaken for being from the Caribbean a lot. It's a running joke between my friends and me which countries I'm from.
I'm a little shy at first, but once I get to know someone, I crack a lot of jokes and I'm a good listener. I'm also really good at staying calm in crisis situations (my job is a little crazy sometimes...). Feel free to message me if you're interested.