Here is where I am supposed to describe myself so total strangers can evaluate and judge me. Not quite sure how a person is supposed to get a good understanding of my being through entirely too long of paragraphs and a selected few photographs, but here goes!
I'm soon to be 26 currently stationed in Washington D.C. Stationed meaning I decided to join the Air Force five years ago as a medic. I have done zero traveling since I've joined, unless you count going to Texas and Ohio for training... please hold the excitement. Grew up in Wichita, KS and absolutely miss it and all the open countryside! I was... not so bright in marrying within my first two years of service, whom ended up being a complete stranger to when we were dating and have been separated for over two years and currently in progress of a divorce. Out of that failed marriage I ended up with the love of my life, my son. He will be turning 3 in April and such a ball of energy.
I was a tom boy growing up, playing football in the mud and digging up worms, so having a boy was right up my alley! By all means, I'm not looking for a man to step up and play daddy. I've been raising him on my own for the last 2 years perfectly fine w/o a father figure in his life. I just figured that it's been about 4 years since I've dated and it's time to start taking care of myself and my needs.
From what I've been told, I'm feisty with my irish temper and classy as f*ck. I'm highly sarcastic with a pinch of sugar. I have settled down drastically and only drink socially and lately my idea of a good night is staying in, cooking a remarkable dinner and popping in a movie... I know, I know... i live on the dangerous side!
A few things I'm looking for in my significant other:
- Start with a friendship and see if anything builds up from there, it may look nice on paper, but things can be decieving.
- Someone that doesn't mind my having a toddler, and can understand the fact that I'm not always able to be spontaneous like I used to.
- Passionate about what they persue, and I will support whatever he decides to take on.
- Loves to joke around and laugh, even if the joke is a little dark
- Someone that can handle my sarcasm
- Someone that can have just as much enjoyment from sitting at home on the couch watching movies as he does going out to social events
- Contrary to what people say, I for one, do not believe that chivlary is dead. I'm old fashioned in the sense that I believe a man should have 'gentleman' features like opening doors, flowers for no apparent reason, giving his jacket on a cold night and putting his arm around me/holding hands in public. This is one characteristic I have yet to see since leaving Kansas.
If any of this seemed to have intrigued you, feel free to email/IM me. I'm quite blunt and it can be mistaken for other choice words, so proceed with caution :)