Top ten funniest things I've seen on Match:
10) "Body type: I'll tell you later"... what shape is that?
9) Winks. Winks are the poking of Match. I've never sent or received a serious wink. ; )
8) Pictures of only you and your dog with the caption "I'm the one on the right!". (oh yeah... it happens, and makes me laugh every time)
7) "Have kids: Yes" with "Want kids: No" Hopefully the children aren't aware of this!
6) Height that you'd like your date to be... 3'0'' to 8'11''. I get that you didn't feel like changing this stat, but it's still fun to think of an 8'4'' dude reading your profile with optimism.
5) Headlines that are Will Ferrell movie quotes. I'm not making fun of this. I genuinely appreciate and laugh at them. : )
4) Headlines that say "Tell people we met at a party/coffee shop/bowling alley/anywhere else" Nothing like chagrin to start off a relationship.
3) More than four photos in the same outfit. That black dress doesn't make you look hot in the fifth consecutive pic... it makes you look crazy!
2) Replacing your friends' faces with big yellow smileys, black boxes, or blur face. I expect them to look like that if we ever meet.
1) PROFILES IN ALL CAPS. This isn't a library, but my goodness... keep it down!
Allrrriiight, enough with the jokes, time for substance.
I'm a human paradox, but there's balance in it... like how I'm not a morning person, but breakfast is my favorite meal.... or how I have a double graduate degree in physics and actuarial science, but a minor in theater.
Speaking of, I'm a working commercial / film actor, but am putting the career on hold to take care of Mom while she recovers from neurosurgery / brain cancer. I'm almost always in a good mood, with serious love for life, close friends, and making other people laugh. My mind is a locked safe for details, so I have a great memory, but remember all the highs and lows of life... especially when trying to sleep. This makes me an insomniac, but hey, I do my best work after 1:00am. : ) I love learning new things, am currently learning how to cook. Chivalry matters to me... your doors will be opened. no matter how into each other we are. Oh, and I don't care about how much money you make, or what kind of car you drive. I'll always be honest with you, even if it's not what you want to hear. I refuse to play 'games'. like pretending to feel things I don't, or not calling for two days just to make a point. Ridiculous! If we do play games, those games might be Pictionary, Last Word, Cranium, Taboo.
I'm here because the people I've met in real life, though wonderful, weren't right for long term. A girl I'll get along with best is a girl who enjoys herself doing anything... confident, usually smiling... and pursuing her goals, 'cause even if she's not there yet, she's taking action. She listens to all types of music, rocking out to 90s, hard rock, soulful or alternative present-day bands, plus some Journey?...Heart? Neon Trees? Gaslight Anthem? ...maybe all on the same road trip. She calls instead of texting sometimes, 'cause it's better to hear the voice of someone you miss. She challenges me in positive ways, as I do for her, and we're both better for it. Physically, I have a huge weakness for medium-short brunettes with medium-long hair.
Together, I'm looking forward to this kind of stuff with Ms. Right:
working out / running
summertime drive-in movies
meeting each other's friends
watching (and playing?) sports together
movies, concerts, road trips
late walks on fall nights
laughing at / with other people, and always at ourselves
But not these things:
taking life too seriously
camping (I sleep indoors, where there are no bears)
I live west of Philly, but car-travel all the time for work. Don't let geography keep you from saying hi. : )