10 random facts about me:
1. I'm a Third Culture Kid. My parents are Indian while I was raised in Dubai. As a result, I grew up with a great mix of cultures. Yes, I do watch Bollywood sometimes. Don't worry though, I'm not trying to have an unrealistic Bollywood love story. But... who doesn't enjoy singing and dancing in the rain? ;)
2. I have two degrees behind me - a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering from Virginia Tech and an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin. I now work in Marketing in the IT industry.
3. The most adventurous thing that I have ever done on a first date is jump off a plane. It was really a triple whammy on boldness because of my fear of heights and the first date jitters.
4. I'm a junkie for music and have a weirdly diverse taste. ACL, SXSW and FFF are my three favorite weekends in Austin. I'm also not ashamed to admit that I can dance the night away to 80s music.
5. Speaking of dance, I am recently into Swing. I plan to become a fantastic dancer for the next time I find myself on an exotic island one night at a Tiki bar somewhere.
6. I love running Austin’s Town Lake jogging trails, especially on the weekend when it seems like half of the city is out. I find my inner peace in running. The ability to take your emotional junk and leave it on the pavement is something I have not found in anything else but through running.
7. While I always try to eat healthy, I do have a sugary weakness. Pecan pie is one of the few desserts that I have zero will power over. If it’s sitting on the counter, I will eat it. I will eat it all, and it will take a surprisingly short amount of time. Massive brownie points for you if you can cook a killer old fashioned southern pecan pie!
8. I want a dog. Badly. Unfortunately at this point in my life, I have a serious lack of time that it takes to properly care for any pet, let alone a dog. Bonus points for you if you find dogs legendary.
9. I believe in the law of attraction (ever read the Secret?). Weird random events that seem too unlikely to be merely coincidence happen more frequently than they should. I think that thought has an energy which manifests reality and shapes it in very specific ways.
10. I believe that ‘love conquers all’ but I think that’s because I’m a hopeless romantic. 'First day of my life' by Bright Eyes is the most romantic song ever written.
I'd like to meet someone with similar interests and values, who can make me laugh and have fun - whether out and about, discovering something new, or a lazy Sunday. Someone who is down to earth, caring, driven and understands life and love require effort, and the effort is worth the reward. It's pointless me making an exhaustive list of qualities but ultimately I would like to meet some stable and near polished who isn't afraid to live life to its fullest. Feel free to say hi and tell me more about yourself.