I found that a fact list for the 'about me' section allowed me to focus on a little bit of everything. Please read up and enjoy! If you would like to learn more, don't be afraid to ask me anything as I promise you, I am a very unique and nice guy :).
- I am a Registered Nurse (RN) and a licensed Public Health Nurse (PHN). I currently work for a hospice agency in the Twin Cities with clients who have terminal illnesses. With the close personal losses I've had in my life, this field was a calling for me so I can support patients and families during a difficult time of transition. It has been extremely rewarding!
- I previously worked many years in cardiac critical care and as a nursing instructor/professor at a local community college.
- I highly value education and lifelong learning so I hope to hear from all of you college graduates! I attained my Masters in Nursing (MSN) in 2009 and hope to get either a post-master's degree or doctorate in the near future. I must add that I've been pleasantly surprised that many of whom I've talked to have been great at spelling and grammar (i.e. the differences between your and you're) since I've heard horror stories about how terrible some of the guys on here are!
- I am a politically active progressive with liberal-leaning, open-minded views. I have always been a strong advocate for social justice, healthcare, and education. Volunteering is great too!
- I would love to find a girl who shares similar views and is especially open-minded.
- I am half-Japanese and half-German! I can get pretty tan in the summer if I try.
- My musical tastes are quite eclectic. Depending on my mood, I generally listen mostly to rock or alternative including bands like Cold, Sevendust, Tool, The Killers, DMB, OAR, Imagine Dragons, Grouplove, and The Offspring. I particularly love going to concerts and festivals! I also love electronica music (I used to compose 'trance' music!), classical (I play piano, keyboard, and the trumpet too!), some hip-hop and rap (Eminem, Tupac, Dre), a little country (Toby Keith and Garth Brooks are the better ones), and even talk radio (sports and NPR).
- I absolutely love to travel! I have been very fortunate to fly all over the country with my nurses union fighting for the working class. I have been to the carribean and even to Japan when I was younger to meet my relatives.
- As for interests... I enjoy staying active as I manage a softball team year-round, play on a volleyball team, in a racquetball league, love running 5k's like the Warrior Dash (and tough mudder next year!) and hit up my local Lifetime regularly. I'm a big sports nut and enjoy watching football, baseball, and any MN sports teams. Other interests I enjoy include fishing, kayaking, hiking, camping, biking, GEOCACHING (ask if you don't know!), learning new things, playing piano, reading, being a big movie buff (I love Netflix and have a home theater system that is my pride and joy), and much more! I love having a great time!
If you feel like you share some similar interests, views, or just want to say hello… don’t be afraid to send a message my way! I can sometimes write a lot so I'd love to talk with you! :)