Back in town for Round 2 after living in Austin for 6 years. I'm taking a crack at this to meet some new people, preferably someone with an intriguing story to tell about where she’s been and where she’s going. Intellect, a positive attitude, legitimate self-confidence, and a cerebral sense of humor are all very attractive attributes. Debbie Downers and ditzy girls need not apply. I spend the majority of my time building a business here locally. Fortunately, it’s in an industry that rewards social, intrinsically motivated people and allows me to enjoy the finer things in life in the name of “work”: golf, hunting trips, fishing trips, travel, etc. I identify with people who have their priorities straight yet know how to kick back and relax.
On my own time, I’m equally happy with a tough workout and/or a Stone IPA, a guitar, my couch, and whatever is on Showtime/HBO. Having been an athlete since I was young, I make physical fitness a central part of my life and am generally not attracted to those who don’t. However, I'm not fanatical and I don't eat boiled chicken, steamed rice and salad at every meal. In fact, in the past few years I've discovered a passion for cooking/grilling/BBQ, though presentation is not my strong suit (sorry Iron Chef). I HATE video games, but AM a geek to some extent. I find myself regularly googling/wikipedia-ing any random thing that comes up that I’d like to learn more about. Poor grammar is a huge turnoff. I don’t dance very well, but that’s never stopped me from trying… Once you’re out there you quickly realize very few people know what they’re doing anyhow. I’ve had an obsession with boats since I was in diapers. There’s nothing better than putting the boat in the water and turning the key for the first time each season. I’ve mastered the art of dropping even the most obscure reference or quote from a classic movie into any situation for comedic effect. The first major upgrade I'm making to my new backyard will be competition-worthy washer pits. That seems like a decent lil’ intro for me…
A few observations I’ve made since I’ve been on Match:
- The local Skydiving place must have a “Coupon Day” or something for female Match members. Ladies, if you haven’t had your picture taken during a tandem skydive, you are WAY behind the power curve!
- 100% of Match members are “down to Earth” and “easy going”… I like those odds.
- The political party with a "middle of the road" platform will DOMINATE the female demographic in the next election.
- Everyone who says they're a smoker also says they're trying to quit. C'mon... no one likes a quitter.
- If "Texas" appears in your screename or headline, I've calculated a 98% probability that you will have a picture posted of you firing a gun. Don't get me wrong, I dig it... I just wanted to share the stats.