Hi there. In short, I am a daughter, granddaughter, sister, aunt, best friend, cat-lover, entrepreneur, writer, unconventional thinker, professional coach, teacher, change agent and a risk taker who is compassionate, creative, easygoing, funny, adaptable and always, always optimistic.
I am looking for someone who can enjoy the simple things in life and someone who I can just share my time with, shouldn't be that hard to find, right? Importantly, someone who is authentic, real and imperfect. If it works great, if not, that’s ok too.
Inspired by a magazine I read the other day, here are “12 Things you Need to Know about Me” before introducing yourself, check it out … it is much more interesting than a few paragraphs of me trying to sound smart! (Even though, I am, really smart :-)
1. As an early riser, I watch the sunrise at least 4 days a week, but don't communicate – well effectively -- before my first cup of coffee.
2. I am not scared of public speaking, spiders or snakes, but tornados and clowns terrify me. (The clown story is pretty funny!)
3. I like a balance of enjoying my home and going out to meet new people and trying new things. Love rainy days, wrapped up in a blanket watching a good movie. And, I have a favorite spot on the river near my house where I do my best writing.
4. My favorite flower is a purple Iris because it's unique, beautiful and a little mysterious, which describes me pretty well.
5. I can hold my own at parties where I don’t know anyone and often make new friends in the elevator. I’ve never met a stranger.
6. My mother raised independent, resourceful women with a bucket load of compassion for others. I talk to my Mom every day.
7. Recently I started teaching myself how to cook. I haven’t killed myself yet or burned my house down so I’d say it’s going pretty well!
8. Friends describe me as: always there, dependable, good listener, outgoing, strong, fearless, always smiling, trustworthy, secret keeper, i.e. the vault, (And, I only paid them $20 bucks to say nice things!)
9. I love the ocean and sand in between my toes, but won't swim in it thanks to Discovery's, Shark Week.
10. I have four nieces and nephews and own the “super soaker strike blaster 5000” water gun, sidewalk chalk and a make-up bag for when they come visit.
11. I volunteer at local universities and speak about communications and marketing, job searching, resumes and discovering your passions. Love helping young people figure out their potential. It gives me joy.
12. I do not own anything that starts with I ... pad, pod and/or phone. I'm a Blackberry girl and do not have much technology in my home – for no reason other than I don’t need it.