Hello to everyone. Stumbling upon what follows may be one of the best adventures you've ever taken yourself on...either that or sheer misery. Either way, have fun and smile while you do what you do.
I'm a self-employed, rather laid back guy. I work for myself because (a) I love it, (b) it's fun, (c) I meet some of the craziest people around who will talk my ear off about the most random of subjects, (d) it involves food...organic food, (e) and it allows me to play just as much, if not more, than I work. I fell into my line of work after getting laid off from corporate America a few years back.
1. I don't have any pictures of me in front of my mirror, or with me and my car. If you dig those things or anything similar, it's best you keep shuffling along because that's just not me.
2. I love to travel, especially if you mean exploring the backside of some locale. I fell into my current line of work by being a chowhound, and that translates into other areas of my life as well. My next adventure will either be paying to cook pizzas in Naples (Italy), or hiking the G20 in Corsica... or perhaps both. I have been to every state in the continental US but 2, lived in many of them, spent two years living in Europe and hope to globetrot a lot more as the years roll on by. A partner that appreciate cultures and traveling is never a bad thing.
3. I'm a minimalist by choice. That includes my choice in footwear (you'll find me in flipflops, Sanuks or whatever barefoot shoe I can find - but I do it because I love it, not for the style that attracts so many). I have a penchant for eschewing tradition, appreciating curiosity and diversity of thought, while focusing on the simple things in life.
4. I do love me some food. I work in the food industry and adore brick oven (wood fired) pizza, sushi, mexican, thai... you name it. If its good, I will be there. I've experimented with vegetarianism and am now vegan, both for health and ethical reasons.
5. I love and appreciate affection. I'm not into playing games. If you struggle on this end, it's going to be a struggle on my end. I want someone who is confident in who they are, who can express themselves and enjoy each other.
6. I like and appreciate conscious living, especially if you can do it in a way that is unassuming and doesn't announce itself at every conversation. I realize this is a buzzword that has lost some of its meaning, but if you can think about what you're putting in your body, think about how/what you're marketing and who you are as a person and how that interrelates with life, then we'll probably get along. Live intentionally.
I'm not the guy you'll find wearing a suit, if only because there is an implied degree of maintenance therein and I neither have the capacity nor the will to keep up. I believe in being happy and utilizing potential. Use your gifts for good. Do something you love because you love it, not because it results in a substantial payday. I've never been a follower and don't have much desire to date one.
I'm more often than not the guy wearing flip-flops to most anything else, and I always try to look at the positive in life. I'm educated and can keep pace, but I'm definitely not the guy that will ever display my accolades or accomplishments for all (or even some) to see or the guy that will try and impress you with a fancy car or what have you. I'm not easily influenced, I value well thought out conclusions and reasoning (even and especially when they differ from mine), and am looking for against-the-grain types, those who eschew the status quo and want more in life than the average person...