How do you really describe yourself in a “catchy” paragraph or two to total strangers? I don’t think I am that creative or witty to write something that will be so memorable,, so instead I am listing 10 of the most important things I would want everyone to know about me if I ever get hit by a bus:
1. I try to live my life every day as a decent, honest person who treats people well. I would hope others would describe me as an overall great guy and a “good catch”. I may not be on the list of People’s “Most Eligible Bachelors”, but I can also say I am not on the list of the FBI’s “Most Wanted”.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10, my family ranks an 11 as far as importance to me. But even I know the limits with my parents and the entire family! They say you can pick your friends, but you can’t pick your family – how true that statement is. But they make me who I am and I love them.
3. I have 2 beautiful girls who I adore, will do anything for and enjoy nothing more than being their “Daddy”. But I also realize there is going to come a time when they will “be mad at me for ruining their lives” and “don’t want to be seen with me”, so I am going to need something else to do real soon which is one of the reasons why I am filling out this profile.
4. I enjoy my job and am very hard working, but every day I wake up trying to think of new ways to make enough money to be able to walk away and go work at the local golf course just for fun. Then reality sets in and I head to work. Really, I couldn’t have come up with a damn “social networking” website?
5. Let’s be honest, I believe physical attraction is first and foremost in dating which is why everyone searches for “profiles with pictures only”. I’m not saying my match has to be a 10, but you have to at least be attracted to and have chemistry with the other person. Beautiful eyes, a nice smile, infectious laugh, sense of humor, a healthy body, a sense of style, memorable perfume is a real nice start.
6. I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week, but I can’t lie and say I really love the gym. Those people really bother me – we go because we want to look good for the opposite sex and not be embarrassed at the beach. Being healthy is just an added benefit.
7. I really enjoy a night in cooking and trying new meals, but going out to a nice restaurant and not having to lift a finger is quite appealing to me as well. I may be able to make the same meal at home, but being served without the cleanup is pretty nice.
8. I love all sports except soccer (sorry, you can call it football, but it still boring), and I am still convinced the best seat to watch the Patriots game on Sunday is in my living room. That is unless someone can get me on the sidelines during the game next to Belichick.
9. I truly believe I can remodel anything around my house, but I can never estimate how long it will take me to get it done. It looks so damn easy on those HGTV shows and they bang it out in only an hour! I always get it done, but usually in double the amount of time or after I call someone else.
10. I hate shopping. Not that I don’t want to look good or spend the money, but I can’t deal with these people at the stores. Thank God for the internet and online shopping. Hopefully I will meet someone who I will enjoy spending time with no matter what we are doing and I won’t mind others at the store anymore or maybe I can just convince her to be my “personal shopper”.
Actually in all seriousness, I am at a really good place right now and feel blessed for everything I have in my life. But I know the best things in life are even better when you have that special someone to share it with and that is what I am looking for now. That one person to laugh with and can make me smile with just one look. If you got through this whole thing and are still interested, drop me a line and we can see what happens – who knows?