Virile. Affable. Lightly scented. I come with all my shots up to date and a working knowledge of masculine things like gapping spark plugs and how to open beer bottles with a cigarette lighter. Yet there is a soft, alpaca-like dimension lurking beneath this facade of chiseled sinew. An old soul if you will. A lover of musty books and curious summer bugs and that French-Canadian station found somewhere in the 80s region of the radio dial. I'm more than content with my lot in life, my cozy apartment by Artpark, and (t)rusty Ford Focus with a trunk resembling a hobo bazaar. Surely whatever I lack in extravagance is indemnified by homespun, Great Lakes cordiality.
I'm a professor and research chemist, currently visiting at a local university. I am a doctor, but unfortunately not the type that can splurge on two ply quilted toilet paper every month. Much time and effort goes towards my career. However, it's a vocation that gets me to enthusiastically spring out from under the Star Wars sheets that adorn my twin mattress every morning. I teach, I run a lab, I try to bring students to an intellectual level that they've never been and (hopefully) inspire them. This, I feel, is my life's calling.
I have an affinity for outdoorsy, adorkable girls. It's torture seeing so many of this ilk living in a country a mere 100 yards away from my apartment.
If none of that has peaked your interest...well, my mom says that I'm handsome. So there's that.
I don't have a game plan when it comes to dating...this can be perceived as either a good or a bad thing. For now I'd just like to buy you a Coke, see if we nosh, and if there's a spark proceed onto a series of zany adventures. I use the same screen name in other places...look me up if I don't read your message here.
Here are a few things that fall under my definition of fun...perhaps we'll match up on a few?
- beach bumming and getting yelled at by 16-year-old lifeguards for swimming outside the pen,
- road trips filled with plenty of detours, bad jokes, trivia, and podcasts of 'This American Life',
- camping for a week without electricity or running water,
- post work jogs around Delaware Park,
- cross-country skiing at night,
- hustling strangers at darts,
- lending a hand in making a seasonal batch of beer or dandelion wine,
- not looking at me as a dork while I explain the rules of Settlers of Catan (super extra bonus if you already know the rules),
- nights on the couch with B-movies while attempting to one-up each other's MST3K-esque riffs.
There's probably more. Ah well. Later gator.