I can tell you with absolute certainty that I am NOT interested in dating someone younger than me, and I'm not willing to negotiate on that one. No, an e-mail will not change my mind, I'm sorry.
Now that we got that little tidbit out of the way, hello! If you haven't noticed, I'm a very honest, straightforward kind of girl. I value honesty in my friends, as well as the people I date. I'm pretty outgoing, and find it easy to strike up a conversation with most people. Basically, I'm not the type of girl you'd have to babysit during a family function or large gathering.
As much as I would like to avoid being a cliche, yes, I joined match.com because I was sick of the bar scene and blah, blah, blah. It's difficult to meet people, and tends to lead to nowhere, in my personal experience. I'm kind of over the whole getting drunk every Friday and Saturday night thing as well. I'd much rather do something with my days, as opposed to spending them curled up in the fetal position, while spooning a pillow, and lamenting that, "When I was in college I NEVER felt this bad after a night at the bar."
Don't get me wrong, I still go out! I just like to broaden my horizons a bit.
I could tell you that in my free time I enjoy cooking, spending time with my friends, trying new restaurants, exploring the city, traveling, etc...but honestly, who DOESN'T enjoy those things?
I'm going to shy away with that and instead, give you this:
- I go on vacation every summer with seventy family members. Yes, seventy, as in seven zero. Oh, and that's just my paternal father's side of the family. We have been vacationing at the same resort for 51 years now, and I absolutely adore my cousins.
- As a result of those summer vacations with my family, I can say fairly confidently that I will kick your butt in shuffleboard.
- No, I am not ashamed of the fact that I am good at shuffleboard.
- I used to work at Disney World, in Epcot specifically. I worked in Guest Relations, and I was a Segway Tour guide. I can ride a Segway far better than any mall cop.
- I bake ridiculously awesome looking cupcakes, if I do say so myself.
- I really, really, really, really hate cats.
- I really, really, really, really, love chocolate and peanut butter anything. In fact, if I'm in a bad mood, it can usually be easily fixed with some chocolate and peanut butter.
- Roller coasters don't scare me, I will ride anything, but I'm incredibly afraid of heights.
- I am incredibly analytical and introspective.
- I hate when people judge others (this goes for reverse snobbery too, passing judgment on a person because they are carrying an expensive handbag is just as close minded as passing judgment on someone for NOT having an expensive handbag).
- I'm an excellent cuddler (short girls are awesome little spoons). I'm not big on PDA, but I am very affectionate overall.
- My parents didn't spoil me or give me whatever I wanted, however, I was allowed a trip to Barnes and Noble once a week. They never said no to books, so I blame them (in the most thankful way possible) for my addiction to books.
- I'm not sure I believe in astrology, but I'm pretty much a textbook Taurus...to the point that reading a description of my astrological sign creeps me out.