Since I've been divorced almost 25 years, I've been on these dating sites since the days they were just chat rooms and you were really taking your chances. Seems I had more luck way back when. I don't know whether it's age or whether we all just get a little too cynical, but no one actually seems to want to meet. Has the online thing gotten so mainstream that people use it like a catalogue and just browse with no action? Don't let me read one more time that someone doesn't like the bar scene. The only difference here is it's not loud and crowded - it's still just a whole bunch of people just looking at each other.
OK, with that said, I'm actually a pretty happy and optimistic person. I'm very independent, intelligent, and courageous. I have and use common sense (not the same as intelligence, and if you understand that, it's a plus). I've worked in IT for over 17 years and also have two grown sons, so I know and understand men without exasperation. I have lived through a lot in life, and yet I don't carry baggage because I appreciate the beauty of "my story", that life story that wouldn't be as great as it is without all the ups and downs you learn from. I still talk to at leat half my ex's.
I. Cannot. Stand. Being. Bored. I love to be outdoors during almost any kind of whether, but I did just move here from up north because anything below 70 is 'chilly' to me. I like to be entertained in a variety of ways. I often say "use ALL the senses" and "the best guide to what to do is choosing what makes you smile". Kind of corny, but true as true can be. People don't get it.
I'd love to end up with a wonderful relationship, but I am completely open to making friends too. I've only been in FL since 2/2012 so show me where to go and what to do!
A couple of requests:
- If the lower end of the age range of the woman you're looking for begins with a 2, just pass me please.
- If at least half your pictures are scenary or your dog/car/house/motorcycle (all without you in it), know that I already don't understand you.
- Sorry, but I still do like the bar scene. Make it a local pub with a great band and some friends and I'M THERE.
- If you don't find a slight bit of sarcasm attractive in a women, you won't like me. And I'll live.
- Know how to kiss, and enjoy doing it.