I'll be honest, I haven't dated much in the last few years and need to get back into the swing of things. I've kind of let my career run my life, but I decided that I don't want to let that happen any more. Online dating has been an interesting experience so far. According to many of the profiles that I have encountered, the Raleigh/Durham area seems to be full of marathon running, laid back, world travelling, sky diving, career-oriented women looking for a caring guy that can make them laugh...Woohoo! I don't know if I could keep up with ya'll but I think I would die happy trying!
Now for the "serious" business: CANCELLED
And now for something completely different...(enter Terry Gilliam cartoon)
What do I like?
I enjoy the performing arts. I rather play a sport than watch it. I enjoy a variety of music. I revel in quiet moments. I enjoy travelling. I am excited about de-pudgifying myself through diet and exercise (Its perfectly fine if you ladies have curves, I just don't like them on me...wait that doesn't sound right...oh you get what I mean). I get a kick out of learning something new (skills, music, history and science). I haven't been backpacking, scuba diving or camping lately, but I fancy getting into those activities again. I appreciate dinner parties with friends, wine and beer. I especially enjoy being in, on or near the water.
So what do I look for in a woman? Here is THE LIST (dun dun duun).
1) Reading is fundamental. Just enjoy reading for the heck of it.
2) Must enjoy the water. When I am outdoors, I prefer to be near or in the water (lakes, pools or ocean) [Swimming, SCUBA, snorkeling, canoeing, fishing, personal watercraft, attempting to water ski and hanging out on a boat].
3) Nothing is wrong with meat and potatoes ladies, but please be open to trying international foods (Taco Bell doesn't count).
4) Eclectic taste in music. I think we would get along better if you were interested in more than just the latest rock, pop and country.
5) A career is sexy. I prefer to be with someone who is just as passionate about her work as I am about mine.
6) Likes to socialize Could be a favorite bar, a dinner party or holiday gathering. The more the merrier.