Welcome to my profile, Matchifiers! Let's give this internet thing a shot, shall we?
Like most people I enjoy meeting people and having fun, but in all honesty I've (finally) reached the point in my life where I'm looking for something serious, committed, & long-term. I spent much my 20's and 30's doing a lot of heavy lifting career-wise as well as enjoying a lot of relationships--some serious and long term, some not. Now that I just hit the big Four-Oh, my perspective is different--my career is at a very comfortable place and affords me a lot of flexibility, and I'm ready to settle down with the right person. With that said, be warned--I'm definitely young for my age, both in appearance & personality. It's more a sense of wanting that best-friend companionship that's changed.
[SNOOZE ALERT! Dangerously over-typed details ahead--venture further at your own risk! An easy detour would be a quick wink right now, if you like the pics & the first paragraph. ;-) ]
So since you've somehow made it down this far, let me tell you more about myself and let you decide whether there might be a potential connection brewing:
* Geographical: Home base at Lake Merritt, East Bay. Learned about life growing up in the Midwest.
* Intellectual: I'm both a talker and a listener (a situational extrovert/introvert), and would love to meet the same. Easy to inspire, and (hopefully) easily inspiring.
* Financial/Professional: My profession's a combination of tech/science/education.
& enjoy thinking about that stuff (whether we're just red blood cells in God's cardiovascular system, etc.) Live very much in the present (making my little-boy side easy to see) and try to take life on with passion.
* Behavioral: Balance is the key for me. Still in love with athletics (pretty much soccer and hoops now, though I'll dabble in just about any sport for fun), love both domestic & international travel (favs include New Zealand, Thailand, Mexico, Scandinavia, Ireland & Brazil--my latest trips were to India and the Big Island), really enjoy imaginative/thought-provoking films & books, enjoy environment-immersive stuff like snorkeling/ziplining/etc, & have a soft spot for ancient history & sci-fi. Not much I intensely dislike or actively avoid, aside from anything involving brussels sprouts or raw celery. In a nutshell, I love getting out, and I love coming home.
* Ideal match.... Hmm, well, I'm pretty open-minded about people--the critical factor, of course, is how we "connect", & I'm not sure there's a formula for that. At the start, we _know_ a mutual physical attraction has to be there--that's pretty easy to figure out. ;) But most importantly, a compatible, supportive, and mutually inspiring combination of similarities and differences would be great, however that works itself out. Truly I think a smart girl is the best match for me, but "smart" is hard to specify. Advanced education is a nice bonus but by no means a prerequisite, since we know certificates prove nothing about wisdom and character. Someone who loves to travel would be fantastic..but also someone who is grounded as a person. Someone relaxed but also passionate about life. Athletic is great and would be a nice match for me, but not necessary as long as she understands that it's a part of me. I think it's really important for me at this stage to find someone who's secure and confident about who she is--not that she necessarily has her whole life planned out (what's fun about that? :-) ), but rather that she knows who she is and isn't in flux about her values or priorities in life. A creative, artistic nature would also be fantastic. Someone who's balanced, enjoys adventure but also enjoys just breathing in the moment, is honest, caring, and centered. Funny & lighthearted but also sincere & thoughtful. Not afraid to be goofy, and enjoys the goofy-ness in others. But again, to come full-circle, what matters to me most is the connection w