I've been lucky with a great family and incredible friends. Our road trips, vacations, weekend events and dinners are always something to look forward to. I am a Midwestern transplant (MI), from 9 years ago, who appreciates the Bay Area. I'm typically craving a mtn bike ride, a ski wknd, a camping/hiking trip or a day at the beach. I have travelled mildly and would like to see more of my 'Bucket List' places. My career is secure and I like what I do. And I finally discovered the joy in keeping my personal life separate from work (yes you can always ask about both). I just moved to Capitola in September and work in Palo/Mtn Vw. I like heading to SF to meet friends for happy hour, Giants games, concerts or weekends.
...not easy to describe myself, so here are some descriptions/quotes (the positive ones anyway) from friends/family: ...I've been told that I'm a 'work hard-play hard' guy; can 'light up' a room; keep people on their toes during April Fool's Day; my Christmas cards are the most anticipated; enjoy finding/discovering new music; get bored easily (need to be challenged); always up for outdoor live music with good beer/wine; make a great soundboard and am extremely trusted; eat a lot (and often)... (I can also share some of the negatives if you are still reading)...
I'm looking for the unique 'click'. I seem to be attracted to those who are spontaneous, active, happy, honest, adventurous, self supportive, have a soft smile, strong smart@$$ skills and a genuine sweetheart side. Someone who is just as comfortable in flip-flops, t-shirt, jeans as she is with a dressy night out. [No offense, but the high maintenance, high drama, non-driven folks won't work out.] If you enjoy either ski wknds, outdoor concerts, bike rides, camping/hiking trips or random dress up events, this on-line discovery method might be worth it. No need to join all of the adventures, but someone who understands the need to 'let the adrenaline and inner kid out'. I understand the need for 'alone time' but also recognize the value in enjoying similar things.
Life is great. Just looking to improve it the right way.
* Random: hole in the wall restaurants, happy hours, dive bars, flip-flops, jeans, long wknds, road trips, summer coastal drives, a great playlist, Apres in ski boots, acoustic music, a good workout, sleep in, movies in PJ's, learning to surf, hearing ocean through window, a beach nap, a night at home with great friends-music-food-wine-beer-laughs.
* Music: PJ, Vedder, Muse, Rock Kills Kid, Ben Harper, Ludovico Einaudi, Zucchero...All types. Always listening to new discoveries (old or new). Not much country (yet) and no gangster rap in the collection.
* Places: Chicago, Squaw Valley, Truckee Bar of America, Big Sur, beach, Demo forest, SF, Palo, LG, home, small music venues, Mountain Winery, Moab UT
* TV: Modern Family, 2 & a 1/2 men (original version better), Happy Endings, Big Bang Theory, loved Entourage, Sportscenter (gotta be honest), College Football, March Madness, any post season pro sports.
* Teams: Redwings (then Sharks), Cubs (then Giants), Niners, Michigan
* Quote: If you might like it, try it. If you like it, do it again. If you love it, don't stop.