Born in Santa Monica, but have lived a bit of a nomad life. In the last 12 years I've lived in SD, SF,LA, NY, Hong Kong, and Taiwan and traveled to more than 25 countries (I can't live without my passport!). Awareness of the world we live in is important, and part of understanding who you are I believe comes from engaging yourself with other people and cultures and experiences.
I just recently moved back to LA after living abroad (I'm tired), and it's great to be back to swaying palm trees and a less insane pace of life. Life for me is about new adventures and experiences so I typically spend my leisure time doing things that pique my curiosity: checking out my favorite bands/art/culture, new restaurants and bars, reading food magazines and cooking for my friends and family, traveling, and brainstorming/working on my little entrepreneurial side projects. Naps in hammocks are nice too! :)
10 Random Things About Me (why not, it's fun):
1. I drove my first car at the age of 3- by myself. That ended in a dented bumper, run down fence and tree, and a pissed neighbor. I'm talented, what can I say.
2. Every time I buy the lottery, I think I'm going to win.
3. I have a love/hate relationship with Kobe Bryant. And the city of New York.
4. I moved overseas and went to an international high school, which totally helped shape who I am today, broadened my horizons, and gave me my much appreciated perspective and world-view.
5. I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day so I could have more time to do all the things I never have time to do (volunteer work, read all the books that are gathering dust on my table, learn a new language).
6. I will try anything once, and would rather do something new than something done before.
7. Cooking is therapy for me.
8. I don't get the woe is me thing, and kinda lose patience with people who just complain all day about the same things but don't make any effort to change their situation.
9. Things I can't live without: hope, sense of taste, music, airplanes, the letter F (family, friends, flip flops, freedom)
10. I want to meet someone with integrity and conviction, has a big heart and big smile, embraces each day with enthusiasm, humor, and compassion, and strives for a happy and successful future balanced by career, family, and sense of self.