Hi. I'm originally from the south. I've been in the city for a few years. Finally, I can say NYC isn't so big and crazy to me anymore :)
People would probably describe me as trustworthy, loyal, and genuine. I am pretty easy going overall but can be serious at times. It just depends on the situation. I like to know my life is in order, and I’m extremely thankful that it is. My life is pretty low key, low drama... work, eat, work out, hang out, sleep, ... rewind, reshuffle. That’s how I like it.
I am pretty resourceful and generally have an answer for a lot of things. If not, I’m pretty good at talking things out together with whomever I’m working with to get to a solution. I am usually the person people go to when they need something. I have some friends who will ask me for help because they’re too afraid to ask the person they’re working directly with, because they know I won’t talk down to them / embarrass them in a meeting, and because they know I’ll actually try to help. I also have other friends who ask me for random things when we’re out… bobby pins, envelopes, stamps; I’m not a personal assistant and I’m not Duane Reade. However, more times than not, I usually have what they’re looking for. I guess that’s also why girls like to carry big tote bags.
Simple pleasures of everyday life make me happy!! These include
- keeping active by running along the East River and getting back into tennis;
- checking out cultural (ballet), music (don’t laugh, but I like the Today show / GMA morning concerts), and live sporting events (US Open, Knicks… still need to check out Barclays Center / Brooklyn Nets);
- pretending to be a tourist in this big city;
- yelping for highly rated restaurants and bakeries and trying them; and
- simply staying in and doing nothing.
It's great to be "on" all the time, but there's a time and place for everything. If you're a relatively simple, positive person, we just may get along.