I am someone you can confide in, have fun with, but allow space when needed. I enjoy all things technology and many things outdoors! I grew up just outside Atlanta in a drama free zone with my younger brother and loving parents who taught me respect, loyalty, and a sarcastic sense of humor! I am ISTJ, and if that helps you, awesome =] I spend a lot of time thinking about the amazing future world we live in!
I am not fond of social hot spots like clubs and bars, so I figured I would give interweb dating a try! On a typical Friday night I am at home relaxing after another week of work. Usually catching up on recorded TV shows or researching a weekend hike.
I’m really good at
- finding answers (remembering, not so much)
- not getting lost
- staying calm
- bowling (by good, I mean always over 100... which is bad for people who are good... so I'm actually bad?)
- filling this profile out?
The first thing people notice about me are probably my super deep set eyes, but I like to think of them as my own personal eye hat and/or umbrella!
I'm an OK conversation starter, but put me with someone who is talkative, and it is hard to get us to shut up!
I have a sarcastic sense of humor and can get pretty crazy with my facial expressions and talk a lot with my hands.
Favorites (listed here since I know they wont fit in the 'Favorite Things' section):
TV: Breaking Bad (best show in the history of TV), Game of Thrones, Modern Family, Colbert and Daily Show, Community, Homeland, Dexter, 30 Rock, Family Guy, Justified, South Park, Sons of Anarchy, Arrested Development, Office (meh), Walking Dead (meh), Fringe (meh), The Wire (RIP), LOST (RIP)... phew, I watch a lot of TV
Movies: Fav movie as a kid was Jurassic Park. Some of my other favs are Contact, Kill Bill, Spaceballs, Back to the Future. I'll watch pretty much anything until it has obvious plot holes or lame jokes, then I can't take them seriously. I am looking at you horror movies and rom-coms!
Music: Really anything with a good beat or talent, but specifically Alternative (Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers), Rock (Muse, OneRepublic), Loud-n-brassy classical (Shostakovitch, Holst)
Books: LoTR, Michael Crichton, Neil deGrasse Tyson
Food: Pizza, chicken, home made spaghetti, Asian foods, but not sushi. I am trying my best to eat better, but so far I have succeeded in only drinking water.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit:
Oh I'll give you 3!
- The only movie to make my man tears flow was the ending of A.I. I'm talkin' full on Niagara Falls here.
- In second grade, the class gerbil was my best bud because I always found myself at the timeout desk next to his cage.
- If I am wearing glasses, I have a bad habit of pushing them up with my nose. Makes me look pretty special and I don't even realize I am doing it.
You should message me if:
- you want to swap funny or embarrassing stories (everything is fair game with me) to get to know each other
- you roll your eyes at people who say the Moon landing was fake
- you want to snuggle up and watch our favorite TV show
P.S.: My awesome mom is a nurse so I have a soft spot for women who have devoted themselves to nurturing careers.