OK – so I’ve been on Match for a while – had some great dates, some epically bad ones, and a couple of actual relationships, but still haven’t found “the one.”
So before I throw in the towel on the whole online dating thing and cancel my membership, a friend suggested as a last-ditch effort, I just throw it all out there – absent cute pretense or any clever repartee. Thus, here’s the real breakdown of who I am and the guy I’m hoping to find:
• I’m a fun, cute, smart, blonde who likes football (partial to the SEC…), Will Ferrell movies, and an occasional scotch, but still a girly-girl who enjoys old-fashioned manners, romantic weekends away, and, of course, manicures with my girlfriends, 4-inch stilettos, and Sex in the City re-runs.
• I’m the kind of girl that becomes actual friends with your buddies, and who your parents and family will want to have around too.
• I love DC because it’s beautiful (and in fact, took up running when I moved here just to be outside as much as I could); because it is indeed – as they say – the perfect combination of North and South (as, coincidentally, am I…); and because most people here are smart, driven, and you can always learn something new from just about anyone you meet.
• I like wine-tastings, happy hour’s with friends, long runs on the Mall and by the Potomac, great dinners at new restaurants, weekends at the beach or in the mountains of WV, intellectual (but not pompous) debate, and any experience that generates lots and lots of laughter.
• I’m optimistic and hopeful, but far from a Pollyanna; though raised in New Jersey, I’m a Southern girl by blood, something you’ll likely pick up on within about 5 minutes of meeting me; and I have a deep faith that has guided me through life’s bumpy roads and keeps me always looking for the silver lining and the greater purpose.
• Basically, I am very lucky to have a great life – challenging job, a group of fantastic friends and a terrific social life, along with the world’s greatest and most well-behaved Golden Retriever – all of which I’d love to bring your life, if you’re the right one; and hopefully you could bring equally exceptional things to mine.
• (And if you need a third-party reference, a straight (married) guy friend of mine recently put it this way: “You’re smart, funny, pretty, fun and sweet – You’re pretty much exactly what most guys are looking for…”)
• You are hopefully a balance of a hard-working, intellectual and mature man, combined with sports-fan goofball with a sarcastic, clever and quick wit.
• More specifically I’m looking for:
o Funny – like make me laugh hard and often…
o Smart – as in, intellectually curious; regular reader of the Washington Post and New York Times; not someone easily swayed by a sound bite; and always excited to help me look at something in a new way…
o Secure and established in your career – as in, at this point in my life (and I hope yours) I’m looking for someone established and moving forward in a profession you love…
o Strong, kind, know who you are and what you want – basically a man of character…
o Have your own group of friends and love your family – I think we should both bring great things to the table and be able to be happy on our own; having your own friends and loving your family goes a long way towards doing just that. (I also believe that loving your family now is a great indicator of the relationships you’ll have with the family you build on your own)…
o And ok – sexy and passionate – even if it’s only when we’re alone; we’re all grown-up’s here and yes, we all know it matters.
My bottom-line is that I love my life; I’m not looking for someone to MAKE my life awesome; I’m looking for someone to SHARE my awesome life and hopefully SHARE THEIRS with me.
Might you be the one? Reach out and perhaps we can grab a cocktail and get to know each other a little better in the real world…