Hello, thanks for stopping by. Rather than write a verbose essay about why I am quite the eligible bachelorette, I thought I would just make a list of random facts about myself.
1. When I was a child, I ate an avocado a day to keep the pediatrician away. It worked, for the most part.
2. I have a girl crush on Tina Fey. To me, she is the perfect woman I aspire to be: smart, classy, and sassy.
3. I am a doctor completing the final stages of my medical training in quite possibly the nerdiest sub-specialty of internal medicine.
4. I physically cannot perform the Star Trek Vulcan salute, no matter how hard I try. This fact inspires nerd rage among my colleagues.
5. My favorite piece of literature is Chapter 17 of Joyce's Ulysses, also known as the "Ithaca" chapter. It is an eloquent series of questions and answers posed in a scientific manner; yet through the sterility of scientific language, I could not escape the heartbreak of the protagonist's home life.
6. I failed swimming classes ... twice.
7. People tell me I sound like Daria, although I like to think of myself as sounding more like a late night slow jams DJ.
8. Once while walking down Chestnut Street, I was offered a lobster dinner date by an aspiring rapper who is allergic to shellfish. Gotta love Philly.
9. I thank my dad for my inherited love affair with ice cream. Some of my favorite flavors are: sweet potato with toasted marshmallow, salted caramel peanut butter pretzel, boozy eggnog, red velvet cake, tamarind with Mexican chocolate, cookies 'n cream, banana pudding.
10. I grew up in Texas but escaped without an accent, or did I? My "southern" roots do keep me down-to-earth.
11. My iTunes contains music ranging from Bach to Passion Pit to Radiohead.
12. I have never yelled at anyone before. Seriously.
13. In many ways, I am the female version of Max Fischer from Rushmore (but hopefully a little sexier).
14. I always appreciate a little spontaneity, which can range from lovingly tossing me into a snow bank to a surprise date night. I would just request the snow bank be fresh powder rather than the gray ice that tends to accumulate in the city. :)
15. If I could, I would adopt every dog needing a home. I can't watch the SPCA commercials on stopping animal abuse because they break my heart every time.
Random facts about you:
You, too, have a crush on Tina Fey. You are kind, witty, and generous with your emotions. You shower on a daily basis and especially before dates. You ... well, I guess there's only one way to find out whether we have chemistry and would click ... :)