I have a screenplay in my head that's begging to be written about online dating. But no, this profile is not just for research purposes ;) Here is a random smattering of my favorite things:
* I love being outside and active (I recognize this is a total Match cliche - still - truth!). Won some ski team trophies and played varsity tennis growing up, but now prefer a slightly more laid-back approach to athletics. For ex: love hitting balls from the driving range, especially when there is good conversation and sublime weather to be had.
Plus: Hiking, sailing, swimming, yoga, skiing (esp the apres ski cocktails, reward for skiing the blacks with you) - all make me happy. I also totally dig bar sports like darts and ping pong and get really competitive, which can be kind of awkward, and totally unimportant but ridiculously enjoyable outdoor activities like horseshoes and frisbee.
* I like fun people. Maybe you sing in the shower, cut a wicked turn on the dance floor, or just aren't afraid to make a fool of yourself for a laugh. It's all good. Oh, and if you can fix things, that's amazing.
* I really like design/interiors, meaning a couple of things. 1) Flea market missions in random 'hoods are fun. 2) If you appreciate design in any facet - be it web, visual, interior or even in film or landscaping - we can find something to talk about. Aesthetics are pretty important to me, but you don't necessarily have to share mine.
* Appreciation of the arts & *nerd alert* - I am a sucker for anything that comes out of the creative process! I've written a book and am working on a proposal for a second. Moving from non-fiction to narrative non-fiction. It's an amazing new challenge and I'm loving growing into it plus the excuse to read tons of new things along the way (old menus, Hemingway booze roundups, etc).
* My business is wine. You need to drink it, or we're not going to work (simple enough, right?). I'm an entrepreneur, releasing my first wine this summer/fall.
* I love my family (cheesy, and cliched, but yet another truth).
As for this process:
We can talk about ourselves all day but long profiles aren't any match (pun intended ;)) for chemistry. Shall we roll the dice and see? (PS points if you can tell me the "literary" reference for "Borderline Amazing")