I stared into this little box for a long time trying to figure out what to write. I looked at the examples to get some ideas. Then it dawned on me. 'Stupid!' I thought to myself. This isn't like writing a resume where I want to make myself look like something more than I'm not. Like instead of writing you were a cashier at McDonald's you say you were a sales and marketing associate at a major food services establishment (for the record I've never worked at McDonald's). So I thought I'd just provide some 'highlights' to tell you about who I am.
- I try to live a healthy lifestyle, but am not obsessive about it. I go to the gym about four days a week to play racquetball and work out. I try to keep the junk food out of my house (out of sight out of mind!).
- I'm a pet person. I own two cats and a sugar glider.
- My favorite series are True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, and Dexter. I watch Jeopardy almost every day (except for kids week - I'd have a hard time living with myself if I lost to a 10 year old).
- I have a witty and sarcastic sense of humor.
- I'm a laid back and easy going guy. I usually don't get offended by anything anyone says, although if you are a Tea Party nut you can probably come close.
- I like good food, a glass of wine, and a cup of coffee. I even like to cook when I have time.
- I actually enjoy my job most of the time. I do computer work for a federal agency and get to travel to some fun places every so often.
What am I looking for? Well that's a little harder to say. Intelligence and a good sense of humor are very important. Other than that I guess I'll know it when I see it!