I'm not a big fan of writing paragraphs describing myself (wouldn't it more interesting to get to know me face-to-face, anyhow?), so instead, here's a list of fun (well, random, anyway) facts about me:
1) I'd like to consider myself a bit eclectic. I'm thoughtful, introspective, respectful, mellow, agreeable, modern, but also stubborn, a bit contrarian, chivalrous, and energetic. I'm a contradiction of sorts, I guess.
2) I'm a complete nerd. There, I said it.
3) My fashion sense is, shall we say, geek chic. I'm comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt, but give me any excuse to throw on a suit and tie!
4) I'm quite shy and introverted when first meeting/talking with people, which normally gives people the wrong impression about me. I warm up very quickly, however, and can be goofy and animated at times.
5) I'm very passionate about the things I am interested in, whether it be political issues, my favorite breed of dog, or the music I listen to.
6) I'm an absolute dog lover, especially the larger breeds (if they can't suffocate me by plopping down on my lap, they're not real dogs!); if you can't at least tolerate dogs, then we probably wouldn't get along.
7) My musical tastes are quite eclectic. I'll listen to a wide range of genres, from folk to alternate rock, from classical to classic rock, and anything in between.
8) I love to travel. I've been to Ireland and I'd love to go back as well as visit alot of different places around the world.
9) While keeping my body in a healthy shape is very important to me (I try to run everyday, working my way up to a marathon one of these days), I'm usually the first one to order dessert; there's no point in denying yourself ALL of life's pleasures, no?
10) I have a very dry sense of wit. I certainly would like to think I'm funny, though a second opinion is always welcome
11) I actually like to cook. Yes, you read that right. And I dare say that I'm not too bad at it either. No, I'm not making these things up.
If any of this sounds interesting to you, I'd love to hear from you! And even if it doesn't, what could it hurt?