Please, be local within 100 miles (N, W and S) and with recent pictures. China, Japan and India are not within this distance (I checked).
If I winked, it's so I don't lose your profile while I'm on the road. Don't like winks? Boo hoo. You'd grab a $100 bill blowing in the wind even though you don't like the wind, right? Be flexible; it's not a marriage proposal or a lazy gesture - it's only a wink, so please put it in to context.
Speaking of the road... on any given day, I can be 300 miles away from NYC. I spend a great deal of my time in Jersey (have an office in Bayonne), Montreal/Toronto, the Shore and around Philly.
As you'll see, my mind isn't contained between the East River and the Hudson. There is a world out there with some things worse or better than here. I've been lucky enough to see a good chunk of it and want to improve wherever I am at the time.
You're invited to meet an easy-going, ethical, unique (see pictures), spontaneous, accessible, able, fair, quirky and omni-talented guy. Don't let that stop me trying to influence your decision. Hee hee!
Ten reasons why you should get to know me:
1. I can make you snort your soup at inopportune moments
2. You'll always have a good listener/informed conversationalist
3. I have no tattoos and don't wear jewelry
5. I can hang that shelf/mirror/Picasso you're thinking of buying
8. I didn't post pictures shirtless in front of a bathroom mirror (what person does that?)
11. I don't mind doing the driving, cleaning or windows
15. I'll like the body part of yours you don't
19. All animals like me (except for that one shark)
22. Ed Hardy? There's a third Hardy Boy from the 70's? Haha!
27. Can cook your favorite dishes
31. Think "two-hour massage"
33. You won't become a 'TV widow' when sports are on
45. Five older sisters taught me how to treat women well
57. I change the toilet paper by myself
60. I'm human (by choice) and have my faults
68. Friends call me "Super Dave" (you'll see)
84. Good with relatives you don't like, plus kids and parents you do
117. Excellent in natural disasters (see how relevant this became?)
256. My medicine cabinet is empty and always has been
288. I don't stick out my tongue, grunt or perspire doing difficult things
367. My phone vaporizes when I'm with you
411. My bathroom is always clean (come and look)
488. Small list of pet peeves
515. Will put you on my shoulders to see the fireworks better
589. I'm a pretty good looter, but admit I need more practice
616. Can spell and form complete sentences
747. I'll bail you out of jail if the need arises (only if your story is funny)
808. Is the area code for Hawaii
896. You won't have to wonder if I'm gay and I don't need Viagra
916. I date one person at a time
986. Giving feels better than receiving to me
You anticipated just 10 reasons? Expect more, pay less.
People always say I'm smiling. Small things don't get big and unmanageable if you talk about them. I'm easy going, yet my backbone is plenty healthy. I'm told I make others feel wanted and extremely safe.
**Things I shouldn't have to say, but...
-I'm extremely fit, but carry some weight. You want stamina? Plenty here. Thin does not equal fit. I did all the triathaloning/extreme sports, etc. crap at a world-class level in the day, so if you're just discovering these things now - power to you and you'll -definitely- have my full support.
-KIDS: I love kids and they like me, but the first step is finding the right woman. Anything more than this I'll consider a bonus. No bonus? No worries.
-Things guys aren't fond of in profiles:
1. All professional pictures
2. Tons of landscape, pet or food pictures and only one or two of you
3. The phrase "like to have fun"
4. Blurry pictures (we guys know camera angles can hide things)
5. Age deception
There, I said it. If you interpret my words as misogynistic, I'm sorry - they're not. Remember... I had five older sisters. Yay!