I'm looking for someone who is confident, reliable, caring, and funny. Someone who finds amusement in everyday life, can laugh at themselves, enjoys sarcasm, is interested in new adventures and is looking for someone else to share their favorite things with. I am low drama, laid back and generally up for anything - to sum it up I am awesome :-).
I have been in DC for over 8 years and am lucky to have a great group of friends here. I travel a lot for work during the week so focus my weekends going out with friends, enjoying the city, relaxing at home or exploring somewhere new for the weekend.
A few random facts about me:
- I really want a dog but I travel too much for work.
- Growing up, we had a train in my backyard that you could ride on – sort of like the one in Silver Spoons. My dad built it which made my backyard was a popular spot for school trips and birthday parties.
- I really wish I could speak another language fluently…sadly all I have is a few years of high school French.
- I have an awesome younger brother, who I am lucky still speaks to me after an incident with a glass door about 25 years ago.
- I spent two years in the South for grad school, during which I picked up the use of y'all and a taste for country music
- I love checking out new restaurants and bars in the city but often find myself ending the night at my favorite watering holes
- I don't have a car so my SmartTrip card gets me around the city
- I was an amazing skiier at the age of 12, now I am a below average skier but love getting out on the slopes.
- I love to travel - I try to use all the miles i earn from work travel to go on an international trip each year - I spent two weeks in Indonesia in April which were amazing
- I am mad at NBC for cancelling 30 Rock and Parks & Recreation- still haven't found a good replacement yet. Suggestions?