As my time on Match comes to a close, I'm going to toss out one last update. I have been fairly non-participatory in this internet dating thing since realizing I suck at sending random emails to complete strangers. But with a month or so left here, what have I got to lose? Here goes nothing.
I think its safe to assume that everyone loves their family/friends, likes to travel, blah, blah, blah. So instead of regurgitating the obvious, here are a few random facts about me:
- I share my home with various rescued Pit Bulls and a Lab, all of whom are, to varying degrees, neurotic. I also run a non-profit
dog rescue so if you don't like dogs, you probably won't like me either.
- I am the sole female paramedic at a suburban fire department and also work in a very ummmmm "urban" ER. Doing so
for the past 13 years has given me what I consider a unique outlook on life. In my opinion, I have a sharp, quick wit but have also
heard it described in a less endearing manner. Either way, I will crack you up. Fact.
- Apparently every girl on the planet can be just as comfortable in jeans and a T-shirt as in a dress and 4" heels. I am
the exception to that rule. From what I understand, I clean up nicely but will most certainly be tugging at my dress and
taking my shoes off under the table at the first possible moment.
- I am always nice to the waiter/waitress, animals and old people. Everyone else goes on a case by case basis.
- My job is my job. Not my life. Please don't ask me if I've ever seen a dead person, amputated body part or any other
gruesome thing you can think of. The answer is almost always going to be yes.
- I am ridiculously low-maintenance and probably the least judgmental person you will ever meet. Apparently that makes
me easy to talk to. People are always telling me things that should most likely be told to their priest. But I'm also a good
listener so even though it can be awkward at times, I don't mind.
- I work crazy hours and am an incurable insomniac so if I send you a random email at 4 in the morning its not because I'm drunk, its
because I can't sleep. Probably.
- If I'm not actively swimming, I'm never barefoot. Ever.
- I probably swear too much, especially for a girl. But I can clean it up when necessary.
- My nose is pierced and I have four tattoos. Zero are tramp stamps and all carry a special meaning to me.
- I try to eat right and go to the gym regularly but can't say I especially enjoy either. That being said, I can't think of a situation in
which I would refuse Portillo's cheese fries or Baker's Square Candy Cane pie.
So that's me in a nutshell. As for who I'm looking for, hell if I know. I have all kinds of friends from all different walks of life. But there are a few things I will struggle with:
- You don't have to love my Pit Bulls but if you jump onto the kitchen table and scream like a seven year old girl every
time one of them looks at you, its probably not going to work out.
- If you live in skinny jeans, Ed Hardy and/or use the phrases "Work hard, play hard" or "Live life to the fullest" on a
regular basis, I will be forced to make fun of you. A lot.
- Please don't lie to me. I get lied to all day long at work. Its not something I want to deal with at home. I am honest,
sometimes to a fault. Even if I don't like what you have to say, you will win major points for having the balls to tell me the
truth. Even if its to tell me my jeans make my ass look fat. And its not a trap. I swear.
Bottom line is, I'm not trying to get married and have a litter of children in the next six months. Let's grab a couple drinks. See a few shows. Hit the dog park. Whatever. As long as its fun and doesn't involve heights or birds, I'm in!!