Writing about yourself can be difficult and awkward…so I thought that a better way for me to tell you who I am is to do it US Weekly style and give 25 random facts about myself:
1. I think Betty White's 'Off Their Rockers' and The Mindy Project are the funniest shows on TV. Totally my type of humor. Funnyness!
2. I don’t think it makes sense to pay full price for designer bags…I'd rather shop on E-bay.
3. I’d much rather eat at a chain restaurant than an expensive, upscale one.
4. I HATE taking pictures and hardly ever do.
5. My favorite singer of all time is Lauryn Hill.
6. Growing up I had a HUGE crush on Tevin Campbell. I thought he was gonna be my husband but uh, yeah...Still love him to death!
7. I lived in what I think is the whitest town in California for a year…and absolutely loved it!
8. My favorite television show of all time is A Different World.
9. Watching A Different World inspired me to go to an HBCU.
10. I am terrified of throwing up:/
11. I generally rather text than talk on the phone.
12. I am horrible at returning phone calls - probably because of #11;-)
13. I usually run at least 10 minutes late.
14. My favorite quote is “Service is the rent we pay for living.”
15. Everytime I watch Unsung I wonder when they're gonna do Tevin Campbell's. Come on! The people do want this. Okay, maybe it's just me:-)
16. I am a PK:-)
17. I hated being a PK growing up:-)
18. I think it's hilarious when people wink or favorite someone by accident...Come on, I know you've done this...Maybe even to my profile;-)
19. If I wasn’t a therapist I’d probably be a teacher or social worker.
20. I wanted five kids growing up but, uh, yeah... two might be nice.
21. My favorite movie of all time is Coming to America – absolute classic!
22. My sisters and I used to watch Krush Groove everyday for about a year straight until my brother taped over it…he got tired of us watching it so much! I can still recite like 95% of the movie, though.
23. Every time I start to love a show it goes off the air: Soul Food, 24, Prison Break, Third Watch, Chicago Code, Boston Public…you get the picture...
24. I believe there is a conspiracy against me because of #23!
25. I often wonder if Match.com consults my preferences before sending out my Daily Five. I'm just sayin'...
So that's a little about me...Here's a little about who I am looking for: A man that loves God and is willing to grow spiritually. He must be hard-working, educated, kind, patient, and understanding. I appreciate a man that is honest, respectful, family-oriented and ambitious. I find motivation and determination very attractive. It is important that my match have great sense of humor and not take himself too seriously. And, a bit of confidence doesn’t hurt either. Oh, and something else that is important - I mean really important- he must be an Eagles fan ;). If you're not, I will try not hold it against you, but we will have to talk that one over!
I am not interested in becoming a serial dater. If you are looking to meet a nice woman and possibly have it grow into something more serious, then send me a message. We are all grown, so let’s be truthful about what we are looking for and if it’s not a fit, no hard feelings - we move on. BTW...If you have "I'll tell you later" for more than half of your profile, we probably won't be a good match...In fact, if you have "I'll tell you later" for important questions like whether or not you have children, your marital status, and/or religion, you should probably keep it movin'. No offense intended; I just think those things are important to know up front.