You know that dos equis guy? The most interesting man in the world? I was recently told I could give him a run for his money lol. Not sure how accurate that is, and I definitely don't want to set the bar too high because really I think I'm quite boring, but I guess I do have more than a few mildly interesting stories :-)
I grew up in the Houston area but left when I went to college. I moved back to Houston about 4 years ago, and in between lived in San Antonio, Austin, Los Angeles, Vermont, and London. I recently bought my first house though, so it looks like I'll be sticking around here for a while ;-)
Honestly, I find it slightly difficult to talk about myself without sounding like everyone else's profile, so I came up with a list of 10 quick facts about me:
1. I can do a powhiri
2. I know every word to "It's the End of the World As We Know It"
3. Sometimes, all I want to do on a Saturday afternoon is watch a marathon of Law & Order SVU or Scrubs
4. I spent 4 months watching a group of 30 people strip on a nightly basis, and all I could think about was how bad I needed a manicure
5. I have an unofficial minor in Espionage, including “Breaking & Entering” and “Stakeouts”. (This does not mean I'm a crazy stalker - they're just funny stories!)
6. Stitches is my roller derby name
7. Make me laugh hard enough, and I'll sound like a cross between a dying seal and a woman having an orgasm
8. Some of my favorite things in life include floating the river, going to a Spurs game with my sister, and having good conversation with old friends
9. There is a place where one wears sweatshirts in July. It's called Vermont, and it's definitely odd
10. My motto in life: throw me a book, and I'll figure it out. I'm confident and independent enough to be willing to try anything, but humble enough to admit what I don't know
Other than that - just the typical stuff. I'm laid back and fun, loyal to a fault, and incredibly genuine and honest.
I'm looking for someone intelligent, ambitious, fun, witty, and respectful. My friends and family can be slightly intimidating, so wallflowers need not apply. If you're a fan of golf, that's also a bonus. Not because I play, I just find people who play golf interesting.