Like everyone else on this site, my pals would describe me as a pretty social person - love going to new restaurants, movies, plays, etc. I like cooking but unfortunately most of my meals end up nearly burning down my apt - I am still optimistic I will get the hang of it someday. I am a bit of a tv junkie, my DVR is usually full of an assortment of Modern Family, Castle, Homeland, Grimm, the requisite Law & Order reruns and whatever cheesy Lifetime movie is on that week (Harvey Keitel was in the last one - how can you not love a movie with the Wolf in it?). I love any and all movies - blockbusters, cult classics, campy. I'm reasonably close with my family, they are a pretty kooky bunch so its never a dull moment - definitely taught me to always have a sense of humor.
A few random factoids:
1. I have been a blonde, brunette and a redhead.
2. I like restaurants where you have to cook your own food.
3. I am dying to go on a safari in Tanzania then hit the beach in Zanzibar.
4. I go into Bed Bath & Beyond needing 1 thing, but come out with 10. Thankfully my mom sends me the coupons that never seem to expire.
5. I played squash in college until I managed to get a concussion in my last match. I know, it's a difficult feat.
6. I take way too many pictures when on vacation. But then I use them to make framed travel collages (which is not at the level of scrapbooking. yet.)
7. Sometimes I forget to follow the mantra "Nothing good ever happens after 2 am."
8. I usually have my friends over to watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette/Dancing with the Stars on Monday nights.
9. I am terrible at home improvement projects. Injuries usually accompany them
10. I rode in an open cockpit biplane when I was 7. Never again.
I think it's difficult to describe the characteristics of a potential date/mate because chemistry is difficult to quantify. I am not the gal who keeps a running checklist of must-have traits but I would be interested in meeting someone who.....
Sings along to Neil Diamond, Johnny Mathis or some similarly cheesy but classic singer.
Likes/tolerates bingewatching TV show seasons.
Won't be offended if I prefer to take a cab than the subway.
Enjoys wandering around without a destination in mind.
Rolls their eyes at but is ok with me liking to watch sports for the ambiance.
Works out/runs/plays sports but doesn't freak out if they miss a day or two.
Banters with the best of them.
Does not get regular manicures. Or at least does so covertly.
Laughs with me, not at me.
Tells it like it is, but tactfully.