"Quick," said Match.com, "compress yourself into paragraph form!"
"Like a college application?" I asked.
"Sort of... you won't get in anywhere if you don't apply."
"What do you mean by 'get in,' exactly?"
"Wow.. I see why you're single. Just get with the typing, alright? I've got commercials to make."
"Alright, jeeze. Are bulletpoints ok? I don't really want to write an essay here."
"Yeah, whatever," said Match.com. Adding under its breath, "It won't really matter unless you pay for membership."
"What was that? I couldn't quite hear-"
"Hm? Nothing. Gotta run, good luck!"
*footsteps, door-slam, car-start, jet engine*
So here we go:
- Born and raised in NJ. No "Jersey Shore" jokes please. We're sorry you had to see that.
- Attended film school in Orange County. Now I've got an MFA in film editing. I know what you're thinking: "Someone actually moved out to Southern California to get into the film industry? Preposterous!"
- I'm a fan of most artistic and creative endeavors. I enjoy writing, reading, drawing, and live shows, music, theater, etc... (though I haven't seen much since moving out of the NY area).
- I also enjoy puzzles, logic games (I mean on paper, not by messing with people), etc... Gotta' keep the ol' brain sharp.
- My family and friends are very important to me. The former is back on the East Coast, and the latter I hang out with as much as possible.
- Not really the bar, club, party kinda guy, but if it involves hanging out with a bunch of friends I'm all for it (the same goes for casual get-togethers, BBQs, the beach, Disneyland, and so on).
- I have a strong sense of humor. So strong, that even if I'm in a terrible mood, I'll still crack jokes to make other people smile, despite my best efforts to not be cheery. Seriously, I can't shut it off. Anyway, it stands to reason that if I can't make you laugh you might be dead. In which case I probably shouldn't go on a date with you. No corpses. I have standards.
- While we're at it, I'm also intelligent, sort of a smartass, genuine, and easy to talk to. See for yourself!
- Personality, humor, and intelligence matter the most to me. I love being kept on my toes with sharp wit and smart responses. If we can make each other laugh while stimulating each other mentally then we're golden.