I thought a list might be a good way to go, so here are some true things about me (and 2 fake ones)
1) When I'm not fighting off bands of ninja-pirates (they're nasty) aboard my mega-yacht, I'm emerging slowly from the water at an exotic beach for a mid-afternoon rendezvous with either a treacherous super-villain or a lovely Bond girl (OK, that was one of the fake ones. The next one might not be so easy to spot. We'll see)
2) I live in New York (that's a real one)
3) In my spare time, I tend to do sporty things. Nothing crazy like, say, fighting off pirate-ninjas (even nastier than ninja-pirates), but I do work out several times a week, and tend to go snowboarding on the weekends in the winter and play golf in the summer. Or, to be accurate, I go to a mountain and tumble down it (but quickly!) in the winter and accidentally hit golf balls into the woods in the summer. And, year round, I go to the gym and lift heavy things, only to put them back down shortly thereafter.
4) As for work, what can I say other than “sorry for partying?” I’m a hedge fund investor and the finance world has a bit to answer for in this whole “worst recession in anyone’s lifetime” thing. So I spend my days staring at a computer monitor and calling people who mostly don’t care to hear from me. But I’m optimistic about our country and its economy - if we end up sliding into a zombie apocalypse and have to survive by eating each others’ brains, I’ll buy you a Coke.
5) I like art and music in the sense that I enjoy an afternoon at an art museum or the occasional concert, but I can't tell the difference between Bach and Chopin any better than I can tell the difference between the two hottest punk bands right about now (whoever they may be). My iPod carries a disconcerting volume of songs and albums taken from the 'iTunes Users Top 100" lists. I also read with some skill, but my bookshelf has more books on it by J. K. Rowling than Thomas Pynchon.
6) I like the beach, and pools but don't get to spend enough time at either. Extra points to you if you can browbeat me into going once in a while.
7) I can fly, like that David Blaine guy (that was the other fake one :) )
Winking is lazy (you know it is...) - drop me a line if you'd like to chat