I am an outgoing person who enjoys learning new things (job, mathematical biology) and staying physically active (especially tennis/racquet sports, water/snow skiing, gym, martial arts, hiking/camping, and dancing)... probably the outcome of being brought up by a lifeguard/physical trainer and a comp sci nerd (any guess which one is which?).
Me in brief:
- I will try pretty much everything and get along best with inquisitive, open-minded, quirky people who can keep up.
- I enjoy being around people who are genuine, who do not take themselves too seriously, and who like to laugh (at or with me).
- I was a classical pianist until the tragic pinky accident, lol.
- I love the outdoors/nature and animals (some of them are real goofballs, which is part of the fun).
- I love to travel (backpacked thru Asia, explored Europe, and will be visiting Africa later this year).
- I really enjoy reading about the cultures I am visiting and their past. People say we live in the most exciting times but they are full of beans. They don't appreciate history.
- I am not materialistic. If I could disappear for a year, I would like to see what it's like to live with nothing but a tin roof over my head.
- I am laid back.
- My career involves applying math/comp sci techniques to understand how cells work and why they age. Slowly becoming an experimentalist... egad!
- People feel comfortable talking with me... even if it's the person on the train who was abducted by aliens... twice, haha. I have a penchant for getting into interesting predicaments and have no shame in sharing the many crazy stories. Have you ever gotten locked in a state park because you tried to avoid the 110F heat by going at sunset, only to have the cops find you sleeping in your undies? I thought not. :P I cannot think of a more enjoyable way to spend a day than getting the chance to share stories and laughs with an interesting person.