Time to update (3-30-13)
I have been in LA for almost two years and I am finally starting to think of this place as home. My job brought me out here, which was one of those great pieces of luck because my job is interesting and I get to live by the beach.
I try not to define myself as my job but more what do otherwise. Since finishing school I try to travel as much as I can. Sometimes it is to see my family but otherwise I love picking random countries to see beautiful animals or scenery or just absorb the culture.
My last trip was Namibia. Somehow I put nearly 5000 km on my truck going from the red dunes to the North to hanging with a set of big cats. The trip definitely made me realize that I need to find a good travel partner that is willing to fly 24 hours to see a rhino or an incredible sunset.
I guess I should tell you a little more about me: I am either random or goofy or at times a combination of the two. I do my best to find the fun in everything I do. I am rarely without a smile. I am originally from New York so I talk fast, always tell the truth, and I can be loud.
Here are few key things to know about me:
1. Spent most of my life in New York, but have lived in 5 other cities since college; including Santa, Fe, Chicago, Santa Barbara, Boston, and now LA.
2. I consider myself a traveler by nature. I have to about 50 countries and was really unhappy when I had to get new passport and lost all my stamps.
3. I work to enjoy my life. Meaning I love what I do but it does not define me. When the day is over, I do my best to leave work at work and have fun.
4. For fun you will find me at Crossfit. I simply love getting my time to burn off some steam and have fun. Yes exercise is fun for me. But I am not a health nut, I like to eat see 6.
5. I love to eat and will try anything once or twice as long as I know it is really edible.
6. I come from a long line of cooks. Never really learned how to cook for one so prefer to do it for a house of people.
7. I am definitely not a vegetarian, but I like my vegetables to like Brussels sprouts, kale, and wondering the farmers market for new interesting things.
8. During the winter you find me taking trips to go skiing. I kind of lucky my brother lives in Salt Lake so I always have a place to stay.
9. I love to scuba dive. I will travel anywhere to be under the water. But the funny thing I have not gone since moving to LA, I dont love the cold water but I really want to dive the Kelp forests in Monterrey.
What I am looking for:
1. GO through life with a smile. Enjoy the little things like going to the farmers market for fresh produce or listening to the rain when it occasionally storms and the power is out.
2. Be willing to travel at a moments notice. One never knows when a snowstorm is coming and sometimes you know you need to get to the mountain to ski. I promise to let you sleep in the car if I drive to Mammoth.
3. Love the water.
4. Like afternoon naps after a long day of hiking or some other activity.
5. Likes to play tourist and explore LA for all its worth.
6. Be goofy with a mixture of spice thrown in
7. Enjoy going to live music and shows. Be it the symphony or a blue grass band at a Wednesday happy hour. Or have tickets to the Hollywood bowl.
Anything else feel free to ask me. Just enjoy life and be happy !