Hi, I just moved to the area and I know only a handful of people. I enjoy traveling and living in different places and have used my profession in order to do that. I am a professional cook which means I work late hours and on Friday and Saturday which makes it difficult to meet anyone outside the workplace. I do have a Sundays and Mondays free which I am really excited about. I enjoy being active as far as in my free time if it is just a walk outside or rock climbing at a local spot but a movie on a rainy day can be just as nice. I surround myself with good and genuine people, I like keeping an optimistic view on life so by keeping likeminded people as friends it makes it much easier. I don’t really know what to expect out of this website, I guess since being new to this city I am looking for a friendship and if there is chemistry then hopefully something may come from that. Also i guess my subscription just ended so i can only receive winks. But if you Minus a Seven ^ (AT) the opposite of Cold and a word that rhymes with hail and we can chat. It's a riddle... which if you can't figure it out then it's probably not meant to be.
Things about me you should know.
- I can be reserved but I wouldn’t say "shy".
- I do have facial hair (beard) that I am pretty attached to, I keep it trim and neat as it is important to my profession to do so. I also look like I am 15 when I do not have facial hair.
- I would say I fall on the liberal side of the politics world but really I hadn’t paid much attention until I moved to DC.
- As far as religion I have seen the extremes as well as a multitude of ideologies and I haven’t come across one that sparks my interest. I have good morals and a good outlook on life even without a faith based tradition. As well as I respect all peoples and their beliefs.
- I am a passionate person, my work is very important to me and I take pride in my profession. I have goals and ambitions but also feel that life should be enjoyed and "all work and no play" is not a philosophy of mine. That said, I unlike many enjoy my job and have fun doing it.
- I am very good at adapting to new environments and coping with "curve balls" that life has to offer. For example; in a the last year and a half I lived in the scarcely populated Idaho mountains, on a Caribbean beach and now in Metropolitan DC.
I think that should do for now, if you are still reading I think the next step is to say Hi :). That is if you can figure out the riddle.