Quote in my headline? From "The Art of Flight" snowboarding movie in 2011. It's really just my approach to my entire life.
I seek authentic experiences, and I make no excuse nor any compromise to initiate it... best way to live life, and enjoy it!
“There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.” -- Enzo
The quote above, is how I approach life, and everything in it... but perhaps fitting more for dating than anything else. It's a line from one of my favorite books, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. Great read!
I've come to realize and accept that I really am at a happy place in my life right now, full of positive vibes and energy. I can die tomorrow and say that I would not have wanted to change a single thing about the way my life has unfolded.
And I think that's the greatest asset I have, and also the greatest liability I hold on to: that I bring so much to the table, 100% without holding back.
My friends give me the same advice, all the time: that dating women is akin to playing with a cat. You need to keep the cat interested by tugging gently or playfully with the string, always keeping it interested in what you're doing with that string. But the moment the ball of yarn is tossed to the cat, the cat will walk away, uninterested and no longer willing to play.
I don't like to play games, and that's precisely the problem I have: I don't like to play games, what you see is what you get, there's no crazy mystery about who I am... and that is precisely what females are not interested in.
(insert random pause/disclaimer so you can gracefully exit from my profile with no penalties)
Now... since that's out of the way, I really have to say that I'm a fun guy. Fungi. Get it?
- I go to more shows in a year than most people have in their lifetimes. True story.
- Fortunate enough to have been able to travel the country for work. Crazy enough to travel the way I do... I did a crazy stretch where I flew to 11 different cities in about 2 months last summer...
- Using the aforementioned travel to have fun, too... flew to Lollapalooza in Chicago, and Outside Lands Festival in SF...
- Speaking of music, I saw Muse (my favorite band) 3 times in 3 different cities, 3 weekends in a row during the summer of 2011... can't wait to see them this month in LA!!
- A lot of who I am and what I am about can't be summed up with words on this profile, but I think snowboarding and Coachella is the best way to describe my personality. I love snowboarding, because it presents to me an arena in which I am free to explore. I love Coachella, because music under the stars and dancing carelessly, that's my soul at its best...
Who I am looking for?
Honesty -- brave enough to tell me how it is, without being afraid of telling me how it is
Charm -- someone with enough of it to snort and make funny noises as I tell you lame jokes related to Star Wars
Intelligence -- you should score at least a 1700 on your SATs!
Intangibles -- You know, your career, how much money you make, what expensive sports car you will buy me, hubba hubba.
What I promise:
- A good time.
- Lame, witty jokes that make no sense.
- "One hundred BILLION dollars!"
- I have an annual pass to Mammoth Mountain (snowboarding)
- I have an annual pass to Disneyland
- I have an annual pass to, well, just about a bunch of good time and fun.
(Terms and conditions may apply. 100% money-back guarantee guaranteed. No deposit required. Sort of like the "Sign THEN Drive" event VW had a while back, except you don't have to sign anything. That is, unless you want to buy me a car!)