I've been in LA since mid-July, 2011 and have enjoyed it so far. I'd like to have a companion to accompany me on my explorations of the various restaurants, bars, malls, and sights. Ideally we'd have some great discussions about movies, books, philosophy, just about anything. Certainly, something long term is possible if the chemistry is there but I'm not looking to rush into anything. I'm not a serial dater although I did have an extended affair with Cocoa Pebbles -- ha, ha, cereal/serial, get it? Ah, bad joke.
I work in the financial industry but pursue my entertainment interests in my spare time including acting and writing.
At this point, I'd like to make this profile unique. I'm going to tell you why you may NOT want to date me. Perhaps this'll save us some time.
- I have 8 cats and perhaps you are allergic -- not that I'd bring them with me on any dates! That is an idea, though. My cat Oreo especially would like it -- I'll have to get a leash and harness for him!
- I love Manowar with a passion. I'll drop anything to see them in concert. Perhaps you think that's uncool.
- I do NOT have a car. It's a 10-minute walk to work and public transportation and taxis fill in any gaps (which are very few). Why spend money I don't need to? I will get a car when the time is right. I'd like to move out of downtown eventually and get a bigger place -- that'd be the time to get a car.
- Speaking of money, I don't make 6 figures. My finances have never determined my worth in my eyes, if they do in your eyes, you're not for me. I can say that I am financially responsible. No bill collectors are looking for me and I always have some money to donate to charity every month. If I won the lottery I'd spend some of the windfall on myself but much of it would go towards helping others and my favorite charities. I really don't need to drape myself in the most expensive brands or collect status symbols -- I concern myself with being true to myself over impressing others with shallow decoration.
- I'm bald and not entirely by choice. Some ladies like it but most do not, I think. I'm bald on top and feel that just going all the way with it looks better than the hair-around-the-sides look.
- In my prime I weighed 180. Currently I weigh 235. Most of my excess is right around my gut. I've been adjusting my diet and working out and I'm doing it primarily for my health. It's slow going and all the wonderful restaurants around here aren't helping any!
- Remember those guys you gave the "just friends" speech to? I probably have a lot in common with them. I'm a master at getting into the "friend zone". And I don't care. More friends is good.
There's more I'm sure but that should eliminate me in most of your eyes. If you want a genuine relationship you've got to present yourself as you genuinely are. I'm looking for quality, not quantity.
As for my deal-breakers, I have no interest in dating racists, Tea Partiers, or anyone that'd commit cruelty to animals.