I am an east-coaster who has lived in Cali for 5 years, though I've only recently moved to SF.
A mix of comments that I hope will help you get just enough to want to ask for more, but not so much that you make a decision based on a form:
I love wine, but couldn't tell you what "earthy overtones" or "grippy tannins" are- I'll probably slowly learn more about such things...though I won't embarrass at a tasting (unless it's deliberate).
Music is an inspiration for me - pretty much any kind, though I've a particular love for indie rock.
I love comedy/comedians, but find puppet comedians to be really disturbing. Haven't worked that out yet, but am open to any theories about it.
I'm pretty active- running/exercise, skiing on occasion, exploring the city. I'm not into any particular thing fanatically, but I enjoy many.
I often hear people complain about their work, or criticize those who are passionate about what they do professionally. I ask them "what if, instead of letting work own you for 60% of your waking life, you took control of it and made it everything YOU wanted?" I have a very exciting professional life, involving quite a bit of travel. I might not have as much time to spend pouring through profiles here as I'd like. For that, I apologize in advance, and hereby request that if you see something interesting here, send me an email or wink, and I will be sure to.
I'm really honest and open...I don't tiptoe around tough conversations. This is what real relationships are built on...resolve the problems and truly enjoy the rest of life!
I have some old habits that I can't seem to break - opening doors, walking on the street side, etc...but I am no pushover.
Food!!! Trying new places to eat is a big deal for me- I'm partial to the holes-in-the-wall (though a mix of these and the more fancy is important).
Over time I've realized that while similar characteristics and likes may make for smoother sailing, differences can make for opportunities to try new things and learn...so I'd rather meet and see if we connect. That being said...I tend to like someone who...
- is passionate about something - anything (and preferably a lot of things)
- has independence of opinion and self
- has tolerance for some impulsiveness/spontaneity (as an example, I've been known to go on trips with little notice)
- appreciates sarcasm
- enjoys music, coffee, desserts,
- can dish out almost as much abuse as I do (since I can be a smart-ass, this may require some effort), all the while knowing that it really isn’t abuse
- is athletic/healthy and/or loves to be in good shape- running would be ideal
- values some personal space- despite my work requiring me to speak in front of many woolen frequently and more, as an introvert (INTP), I need some alone time to recharge. My very-busy business and travel life can make things challenging too- so I am looking for someone either happy with free time or interested in working together to identify travel opportunities coinciding with work.