Allow myself to introduce… myself. I grew up on the east coast but moved west in my mid-20s – first from DC to California and then to Seattle a couple years ago. I’m definitely a convert to the west coast’s better outdoor activities, more laid-back attitude, and Monday Night Football that doesn’t end after midnight.
For me, it goes without saying that family and friends are important, and I count myself lucky to have a supportive cast of both. Likewise a job that challenges me and inspires me to work hard every day.
When I’m not working I like to explore Seattle and the greater Northwest area by foot, car, bike, boat, or you name it. Preferably with friends or a significant other to keep me company. When the weather is nice I’m happiest cruising around a lake on a boat or hiking in the mountains with a cooler full of drinks and snacks.
I try not to take myself too seriously and am looking for a smart, active girl with a good sense of humor who can laugh with me – or at least at me (and my goofy side) – while enjoying the great outdoors or the great indoors (live music, hanging out with friends, wandering around museums, sitting on the couch, eating dinner at dimly lit restaurants, or the occasional big night out).
But wait, there’s more!
Five fun facts that might interest only me:
- Worked as a writer for a travel guide company during college (and generally prefer less-crowded, far-away places for vacation)
- Officiated the wedding of my best friend from grad school (they’re still married… 100% success rate!)
- Ran a marathon in a full-sized foam shark costume (it was the day before Halloween) without passing out from heat stroke
- Lost in the first round of a spelling bee in 6th grade (but my grammar is strong to quite-strong)
- Made a (very) brief appearance on the Safeco Field jumbotron during a Mariners game