I am originally from London, England and have been living in the US for 8 years now but still enjoy travelling back to Europe when I get the chance.
If you have it in you to forgive my committing seven deadly sins in the following circumstances, please consider me as a potential friend and partner.
1. Greed for fresh air, sunlight and more than half of the twin seats on trains and buses on Friday evenings.
2. Sloth on the final evening of an enjoyable vacation.
3. Envy of owners of 1970s Ford Mustangs and those checking into hotels where I have spent said enjoyable vacations just as I am leaving.
4. Pride in the following human achievements: Growing democracy and relative peace, the decline of starvation and better modern medicine.
5. Wrath whenever England’s soccer team is knocked out of the world cup tournament and when I put down my car keys and 30 seconds later can’t remember where I left them.
6. Gluttony with good Cabernet Sauvignon, food and enjoyable company.
7. Lust, where mutual, for the right partner.
Thank you for not casting down this sinner, here is where I am coming from and something about the direction we may be headed.
The following usually breaks a smile on me: Intelligent children, strange political moments at the office and dogs with a blend of Rhodesian ridgeback.
As a couple, we might be viewed as humorous and even prone to mischief. We should work to become compassionate and caring with independent and evolving social attributes. Work and career goals have probably cast a shadow over us so perhaps we can focus on building our relationship while generating new friends and even regenerating old ones. We should be able to laugh out loud at ourselves and politics; not expecting either to be logical.
We can be passionate about anything, even passion itself, savoring emotions, and good and bad; in hope the experiences that bring these out will develop us.