1. I hate centipedes. I mean, I really, really hate them. I can handle spiders, earwigs and most any other type of insect, but centipedes? They make my stomache turn.
2. I am addicted to word games. Scrabble, crosswords, TextTwist - you name it - if it involves words I'm playing it...and winning.
3. I love movies. Everything about movies - the acting, the directing, the dialogue, the lighting, effects and sound...bad movies, good movies, funny movies, foreign films, classic movies...even documentaries.
4. I sing along, now, to Britney Spears' songs. Maybe I'm getting old? I dunno - but I do and I don't fight it. lol
5. Online dating is something I am doing these days. I did end up finding a long lasting relationship through online dating - so it DOES work!!
6. Mean Intelligence is the cruelest personality trait of any human being.
7. I love that I lived in Spain for a year, Edmonton for 2 and Lake Louise for 1- but sometimes wonder if being so 'behind' in terms of Life was worth it.
8. I honestly don't feel embarrassment - and I wonder if that's normal. lol
9. When I was a child I used to look out the backseat window and imagine myself galloping beside the car on horseback.
10. I remember the exact moment I realized Santa Claus wasn't real when I was a little girl.
11. Refusing to read 'garbage' novels I was pushed by a friend to read an Anne Rice book. I reluctantly read "Memnoch the Devil" and it changed my views on Heaven and Hell...and the afterlife in general. It's the only Anne Rice book I've ever read - and ever will. But it was the most life-changing book I've read to date AND it's the only book I called in sick to work to finish reading.
12. I once made a presentation in a Literature class at McMaster and I thought I had failed it miserably. My TA asked me to stay after class and I thought I would have to re-do it only to be told that he was going to recommend me to the head of the department to be invited into their Honours program. It was one of the weirdest moments I can remember experiencing.
13. I hate that I love the service industry. lol I need out of it - but really enjoy it. I was a Law Clerk, sitting behind a desk Mon-Fri 9-5 for a few years until I had had enough. I took a 'break' and stepped back into restaurants...and I absolutely love it. My personality is a little bit too big for a desk and an overhead buzzing fluorescent light. I'm also in the midst of being promoted...
14. I can't concentrate on anything when there is a piano playing somewhere. The sound of it stops me dead in my tracks. It's a beautiful and haunting and glorious instrument.
15. People always say I'm so funny. Which to me, is funny in itself.
16. I have a knack for imitating people and most of the time it's probably not very nice. But I can - to a tee. Always could...and it gets people into hysterics when I do it.
17. I can write and print perfectly with both hands. Ambidexterous.
18. The only part of my father's funeral that I remember is running around laughing with a childhood friend because our teacher showed up.
19. I LOVE travelling. The point between A and B. I always feel a bit disappointed when I arrive to where I'm going...or returning to.
20. "Serendipity" is my favourite word in the English Language.
21. I recently faced the fact that I might never have children and I'm okay with it. Kids love me. I love kids. I'm 100% open to meeting a man with children. They like me, Ii can make them laugh and think and learn :)
22. I've predicted every single American Idol winner so far...wait, with the exception of Katherine McPhee - and I have never watch it regularly - only the year Carrie Underwood was on.
23. I'm addicted to chapstick...and have been since I played competitive soccer as a girl.
24. I aways choose Advil over Tylenol, Gingerale over anything else and internet over TV.
25. I wish my dog, Abby could live as long as I do.