So describe myself in a couple of paragraphs...Hmm....
I spend most of my working day teaching twelve year olds how to read and write at a public school in Flushing. They're fun and often hormonal. I really enjoy my job because I always feel like I'm learning something new either from my students, my colleagues, or from a book I pick up for a potential lesson.
Some random things about me:
- When I get drunk, I often walk through fancy supermarkets and buy disgustingly expensive blocks of cheese.
- If I wasn't an English teacher, I think I'd like to be a marine biologist. I love exploring the shores of beaches.
- I started my own company a few years ago. I still run it during the summers when I'm off.
- I taught myself Mandarin.
- I lived with Buddhists in Beijing for six months.
- I like going on photo walks with my camera.
- I would marry Stephen Colbert if I could.
- I enjoy debating and discussing just about anything
- I have a love/hate relationship with anything one may categorize as "hipster."
"My friends would say" I am smart, funny, quirky at times, artistic, and hard-working. I enjoy people that are thoughtful and have a sort of explorer spirit. Despite my ambitions and my nerd-dom, I do not take myself too seriously nor do I envision myself with someone that does not possess a sense of humor. In fact, a sense of humor is extremely important to me.
Soo,..what am I looking for? Part of the reason why most of us are on here I would assume is because we do not know 100% what we are looking for. I can say without a doubt I am looking for someone that is smart, funny, self- aware, and driven to do things whether they be for fun or for work. Still reading? Send me a message if any of this speaks to you.