Okay, okay, I don't actually have a problem with yoga types...I mean, I'm all about aspiring to a higher self and whatnot...I exercise, I meditate, I even spent seven months working at a retreat center in Big Sur once...But at the risk of having my California license revoked: I hate yoga. There, I said it. If we can agree to disagree on that, we might just have a shot at this relationship thing. But if there is one mention of aligning my chakras on our first date, I'm outta there! :-)
Some other factoids you might find interesting/amusing about me:
- I'm new to town! I moved to Santa Cruz (from SF) for a job in October. If you live around here, I'd love a tour guide; if you are closer to the city, I'm still up there most weekends. I could see a relationship working out in either place...
- I measure a year's success in part by nights spent in a tent. (2011: About 15. Respectable, but I've done better.)
- I'm really passionate about healthy food and food systems and I work for a healthy food company.
- My travel stories are better than yours. Yeah. It's like that. ;-)
- I recently got an MBA from a fancy school. I promise to use it for good.
- I have a soft spot for "befuddled," "besmirched" and various other "be-" words. Seriously: Besmirched? Say that 5 times and tell me it doesn't make you just a little bit happy.
WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:
I'd like you to be kind. Smart and able to articulate your feelings would be nice too. Assertive but able to listen and compromise. (That describes me too, by the way.) You want to be in a mutually supportive, committed relationship. Great if you're doing something with your life that you're passionate about, and even better if your interests include travel, being outdoors, building stuff and generally being a "mountain man."
If that sounds at all like you, or if I seem interesting, please drop me a line!