I've been in Atlanta for about 5 years now, having moved here right after graduation for a fashion job. Slowly but surely, I've somehow transitioned into the technology industry - long story! I started a new job a little over a year ago with a small start-up, and have recently moved back into a sales role and am really liking it. I'm busier than I've ever been, but I love it.
These things get to be so long and so repetitive - you know it's true - so how about a quick n' dirty list:
- Outside of work I love to run. I've run a couple of half marathons, and hope to do another this year.
- I bought a loft a couple years ago and just completed a kitchen renovation. It was somewhat hands-on, but I had a lot of help.
- My name is Rachel. RaeRaeRiley is a joke.
- I moved around a lot growing up, so I like staying busy around town to keep from getting restless, and will try just about anything.
- I realize that being human calls for interaction within large crowds, but my favorite restaurants are cozy, my favorite bars are dives, and my favorite music venues have small shows and small(er) crowds (comparatively)
- I travel as much as I can afford to. Most recently I visited friends in Seattle, San Francisco and Las Vegas. To add to the domestic bucket list, I'd love to go to Boston, New Orleans and Austin.
- New Year's Resolution: no shopping. Rather, no CLOTHES shopping. No, I'm serious. I'm saving money in that aspect of my life and honestly, just love a good challenge.
7 Random Fun Facts:
1. I started school as a Kiwi... in New Zealand
2. I rowed crew in college
3. Karaoke scares the pants off me, but I practice every morning in my car
4. I can parallel park like a boss
5. I know every word to Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire"
6. I can make a mean grilled cheese sandwich
7. I can teach you how to Dougie