**UPDATE: I am going to be cancelling my account soon, mainly because I can't keep up with all the e-mails. Apparently online dating just doesn't work with my schedule and is way too stressful!! Most importantly, I don't think the majority of men who e-mail me actually READ my profile. The amount of times I've been asked where I live, or what I do...it says it on here!! *sigh* Also, as conceited as this sounds (and I'm really not trying to be) I'm only 29, I'm not looking for 60 year old men. I'm flexible with age to a degree (if we click, we click), but it's a little depressing when I'm only getting e-mails from men who are 15-40 years older than I am, who flat out tell me they are only looking for a trophy girl to have on their arm. I don't want to be that, and don't have the time or the desire to read/respond to messages from men who are either too lazy to actually read what I have to say, or "just want to take a chance" even though they know they aren't what I'm looking for. I just can't. I'm sorry!! :(
- - - - - - - -
Wow, where to begin! I'm going to be completely honest. I recently got out of a relationship, but am finally ready to begin dating again (yay!) and figured I'd try Match...I mean, why not, right?
So let's start with the basics.
I grew up in Upstate NY (no, not Westchester LoL). I have a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations/Marketing from Fredonia State University, and after college made my way to the big bad city! I currently live on the Upper West Side and work for an international events and promotions agency in SoHo.
I have a huge passion for photography (own a Canon 60D camera) which I would love to explore further in my future. I also love film, board games, spending time with my family (which I don't get to do very often) and discovering new and fun places/things to do in the city.
I'm very open and honest (whatever you want to know, just ask!) - a true Scorpio right here! Very fun to be around - passionate and loving with my entire heart. =) I hate drama. Hate, hate, hate it. What it comes down to, is that I'm looking for a guy who will make me his world, treat me with respect, and not be balancing other girls on the side. I need someone who will be vocal about how they feel about me, not leaving me having to guess or wonder.
A few things:
- The next guy I have a serious relationship with I want to be the guy I marry. Basically, I refuse to let myself get hurt yet again and will be cautious getting into any new relationship. Could this guy be you? If you're looking for something serious *eventually* then send me a message.
- If you don't want kids (not saying now, just EVER) please don't bother contacting me. That's very important and non-negotiable to me. I want to have a family someday.
- I like guys that can spell and use correct grammar. You'd think this would be a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how many people spell "you" -- "u" and "are" -- "r" ... along with not knowing the difference between "they're, there, and their" etc.
- Guys my height or taller than me are a plus. I am 5'10"... =)
- This may come across as sort of superficial, but ... guys with tattoos (that look good), guys with blue eyes, and/or guys with beards/facial hair = weaknesses. I can't help it!
- Please only message me if you have something insightful to say (i.e. NOT "Hey, what's up?"..."Hey sexy".)
- This brings me to my next point. I like smart guys. Guys that are smarter than I am get huge bonus points. Intellectual conversation (especially about politics and religion) turn me on. ;-)
- If I can be myself around you, and not feel pressured to be someone I'm not... then that's what I'm looking for, and you're awesome. =)