Hello and thank you for reading about me.
Here’s a brief snapshot. I am…
• secure (loving family and friends…very important);
• balanced (confident but not arrogant);
• intelligent (more degrees than you care to know yet down-to-earth);
• caring (worked on several mission projects, soup kitchens, habitat for humanity);
• motivated (enjoy a challenge, entrepreneurial);
• honest (probably to a fault);
• creative flair (will give examples when we meet);
• a passion for life (warning: I have an infectious sense of optimism);
• professional (can dress sharp/trendy yet very comfortable in jeans and t-shirt);
• work in progress (not perfect but getting better with age…think Sean Connery).
Ok, you had a chance to look at some intangibles that define me. The following are some tangible qualities that might be of interest.
Travel. It’s a passion of mine and I enjoy experiencing new places and cultures. I have traveled a fair amount and would love to plan my next adventure with someone special. The following are a top 6 travel list I’ve already done (might be willing to repeat if interested):
1. Tikal, Guatemala
2. Amazon Rainforest (Ecuador side near Peru)
3. British Virgin Islands (actually I like most of the Caribbean islands)
4. Backpacking through Western Europe for 3 months
5. Belize and Kiev, Ukraine (a tie)
I like the off-the-beaten-path destinations but also enjoy commercial resorts.
Health and Fitness. I try to eat right (enjoy sushi, Thai, Italian, … heck just about anything but trying to eliminate red meat and pork….leaning towards a pescatarian diet.) and everyone seems to enjoy my cooking. Several people have suggested I open a restaurant (nope…skill set is way out of my league...rather invest in one). For fitness, I tend to play soccer (I coach and referee recreational and competitive leagues), biking, kayaking, racquetball, hiking, skiing, snorkeling (anything in or on the water) and camping. Hoping to sign up for a Tough Mudder or a Spartan Race by the end of the year.
Values. I’m old fashion when it comes to values. Promises don’t cut it. I’m a man of my word and willing to commit. A man’s word should be his bond. I always try to smile and say hello to strangers (my kids often comment how many people speak with me yet are complete strangers). I’m willing to hold the door open for a woman or anyone to be courteous. You can ask me any question and I will give you and answer (if I know the answer...won't lie to just look smart). I have nothing to hide. I’m not into bars unless I’m with a date. Spiritual growth is important and I attend church regularly. Goal oriented but not at the expense of others. I will always try to help those out in need.
I am very happy with life and particular about spending time with the right person. I am motivated with personal goals (came from corporate America, started three small businesses), and enjoy new experiences. Are you interested? If so, read on.
What am I looking for? Brains and beauty. Honesty and sincerity. Someone to share the good and bad. Someone who has my back as I have theirs. Someone who can carry on a conversation, laugh with me (warning #2…I tend to have a dry, sarcastic sense of humor yet quick witted), enjoys similar values as mentioned above. You really need to have an interest in traveling.
I’m looking to build a friendship and finding a best friend first. This is a new chapter in my life and I hope to include someone special.
Don’t be shy. Oh, by the way. If you tag me as a favorite, drop a line. I won’t bite. Honest.
I'm flattered that you've taken the time to read this far.