(1) I AM VERY SPONTANEOUS - If there is something I want to do, I do it without asking questions. If there is something I want to have, I bring it home and ask why I bought it later. If there is somewhere I want to go, I just go and figure it out when I get there. For example: Last year I moved to New York for a month just to see if I would like it, I planned a vacation to the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica with my best friend and flew there one week later, and when I found out that my San Francisco Giants were playing in the World Series I rearranged my schedule and went to Detroit to watch them beat the Tigers and win the Series.
(2) I AM VERY DEDICATED TO MY CAREER - I was a junior in high school when I had the epiphany that I wanted to be a doctor. The story is somewhat long so if you are really interested I'll tell you in person. While I have spent much of my adult life in school pursuing my dream, I just recently graduated medical school and am now in the working world. While I spend a lot of my time in the hospital, I love what I do and wouldn't change it for the world. :-)
(3) I LOVE COOKING - Before starting medical school my mom took it upon herself to teach me to cook. I guess that she figured without the dorm food my options were limited...either learn to cook or spend all my money eating out. Each day for a month we made dinner together and she taught me the basics about not starving. I then took the rest upon myself to learn the rest. I found that for me, cooking is a way of relaxing. I've now mastered multiple recipes including my saffron risotto, pumpkin soup and spinach goat cheese quiche. I even learned how to toss my own pizza dough and roll my own pastas.
(4) FAMILY FIRST - I hail from a very close knit family. My parents are the most caring and wonderful people I have ever met. Maybe it's because they both came here from far away, but they really drilled the family thing into my sister and I. Growing up we always spent time together and always made a point to have dinner together. I know for sure that without their strong support I would not be close to where I am in my life today.
(5) GO BRUINS - I love UCLA....let me say that again...I LOVE UCLA. Need I say more?