In ’06 I went skydiving even though I’m terrified of heights. I didn’t want the fear of jumping out of a plane to deter me from getting to experience skydiving. As scary as jumping was, I got an amazing perspective and a senses of exhiliration. Let’s see if Match can replicate that same plunge;)
A little about me:
I'm originally from Mexico and grew up in California. I went to college in Colorado and ultimately settled in DC eight years ago for the same reason most of us do-- my job. By day I work on international trade policy but by night I’m an avid explorer of what the city’s got to offer—I explore a good show, live music and cultural events in addition to just getting my drink on. (Hey, DC’s got a lot of good bars!)
I am Californian, which means:
- I appreciate an In and Out burger
- I am a positive, warm-hearted and giving person.
- I don't take myself too seriously (life is short)
- I'm solar powered
I never pass up the opportunity to enrich myself, be this through amazing travel opportunities, career advancement or simply trying new hobbies or activities.
So what is a single brown female seeking to find? This:
- Someone who makes me laugh with a witty observation or pun-tastic story.
- An inherently open-minded individual. Are you open to going beyond the surface of a Travel Guide and experience a place and it’s culture?
- Someone who has hobbies and activities. Someone who shows me that they are not going to let their youth go in TV marathons and potato chip eating contests. I am always searching for new experiences. I am looking for someone who is going seize the carp—be that in sports, community events or the arts.
- Someone who has a deep appreciation for music! Note—not looking for a Michael Jackson replica, just someone who appreciates a solid Billie Jean.
- Someone who appreciates the value of a good conversation. No, I’m not interested in debating you every morning over breakfast; I’m just interested in you being passionate for something, whether that’s chemical engineering, a good read, the literary arts or something else.