Why should you consider me when you have so many choices? Here's why:
* I am nearly 6’6” tall
* I weigh about 190 pounds
* I have more hair than I did when I was graduated from high school, and I'm within five pounds of that weight
* I am a fully-grown adult mentally and emotionally, too
* I am an excellent communicator, with refined Transmitter and Receiver
* No baggage. I try to make intelligent decisions and live smart. So I have a good job with good income, savings, one debt (mortgage), and very little drama. I intend to keep it that way. I am NOT looking for messes to fix. (Remember the “Three R’s” and certain fate of the White Knight: Rescue, Rehabilitation, and Rejection –Author, Me)
* I am youthful for my age (which is accurate and can be proven); I have always taken good care of myself—diet, exercise,etc. (As Lincoln said, “Everyone over forty has the face they’ve earned.”)
* Most common phrase I hear when meeting someone through Match, “Oh, wow. You look much better than your photos.” (Sadly, some of us are less photogenic than others.)
* Athletic upbringing. I excelled at all sports, and played golf professionally for three years.
* I am terminally responsible, so I have primary custody of my 14-year-old son, who is a high achiever--quiet, calm, funny, wise and an old soul. I am without child every other weekend.
* My divorce was finalized seven years ago. Two years ago my ex-wife told my son that I am the greatest person she knows.
* I am a "Renaissance Man" with many interests: humor, laughter, sports, the outdoors, photography, art, movies, music, politics, current events, investing, philosophy, psychology, health and nutrition, museums, travel, history, fitness, self-improvement, volunteering, great writing, conversation, poetry, ideas, growth, entertaining, walking, running (a little bit), hiking, and biking.
*I possess "Old School" / "Old World" manners. I say "please" and "thank you" a lot.
* Because of my many interests, I have a wide frame of reference. So my jokes are all over the place.
* As I get older, I have a greater desire to “give back.” So I volunteer several nights a month with troubled teenage boys because I like to think it does some good. It certainly does me good.
* My unique upbringing stressed independent thinking. Therefore:
-My self-esteem is derived from living my life in harmony with my values, with productive work, and making the world a better place because I have lived.
-Being “one of the boys” was never a priority, so I don’t engage in “lockeroom” chatter or feel the need to talk tough, chew tobacco, or have the newest toys. No tattoos, goatees, or piercings here.
* Smart and Educated
* Funny/clever/quick with a bit of sarcasm—you “get” me and my jokes
* Take care of yourself through nutrition, exercise, etc.
*Laugh, shake your head, and move on when you see a guy’s Match profile:
-Who’s clearly a “hotdog”/big-talker -or-
-With his shirt off -or-
-With photos of his toys--does he “own” millions or “owe” millions? -or-
-Who can’t distinguish among “there,” “they’re,” and “their”
I am not everyone’s “cup of tea,” but I’m not looking for everyone. I’m just looking for you. So if you like my profile, I hope to hear from you.
Thanks for reading this far, and good luck to you.