Hello! Originally from Chicago, spent the previous 7 months in LA, I am now brand new to San Diego .
Two things I noticed straightaway about Match SoCal compared to Match Chicago: First, Headshots as profile pictures? Everybody's got 'em. Not fair! I'm not an actress, but I clean up pretty well. Maybe I should have some done too. You know, just to fit in around here ;). And also, the minute I changed my city I started receiving a ton of winks... from men 50 and older. Hmmm. Maybe it's that Cali Swag I heard so much about...
What am I looking for? I'd be lying if I said I was looking for a husband or to settle down right now. But I'm also not looking for a random hookup; if that's your thing please, please don't waste my time here. What I want is someone worth getting to know who would like to get to know me. Spend time and build up to something special. Pretty simple, I hope ;)
You should be absolutely passionate about something in your life; work, hobby, family etc. Have an opinion on politics. Be that guy who'll walk past Starbucks to give his business to the locally owned coffeehouse next door. But NOT that guy who is handing out green party fliers on the street outside. ;). Know the difference between There, Their and They're. Be my height or taller. (I know, shallow. But we like what we like!) And please be close to my own age. No offense to anyone- I'm sure you are the best looking 45 yr old around, I'm sure no one can guess how old you really are. But I'm just not interested in a big age gap. Not my thing.
I'm going to throw in a couple of fun facts, because I like reading them in other people's profiles...
- I am half Irish, half Polish; genetically engineered for alcoholism but I'm actually quite the lightweight.
- I am a speedreader. The Kindle is the best thing that ever happened to me.
- I am a big football fan. Baseball, meh.
-But March Madness is the most wonderful time of the year.
- As a nurse, I've learned eye contact and a smile are the best medicine.
- I volunteer every few months in a trauma hospital in Haiti. It is my passion. I switched to travel nursing to be able to give more of a commitment to this place. It is simply the best and the worst time I've ever had.
- I am not a club person. I 'm more a a bar/restaurant type. And although I make fun of hipsters, I'm drawn to their bars and coffee houses
-I'm carnivorous. Someone once said about me, "She never met an animal she didn't want to eat."
And FYI, My headline is the title of a Wilco song. I do not actually enjoy breaking hearts.