A few years back, some dudes sat down at a bar and pounded a few down and came up with the nine attractive qualities that women look for in a guy. So I'm listing these qualities and will tell you something about me and/or what I think of them
1) Sense of Humor - Everyone says how important sense of humor is, and I have learned to look for it in women. I am lucky enough to be able to make women laugh. And I can laugh at myself too.
2) Trustworthy - Trust is the holy grail of a relationship. It takes years to build it, and it is so delicate. There are few things that take so long to attain that can be destroyed so quickly. So lying about your age or putting 5 year old pictures in won't work for me.
3) Kindness - This seems like a no-brainer, but I've seen plenty of girls stay with guys who don't treat them well. So, I'm thinking that most women look for a nice guy, but the fact of the matter is that mean guys seem to get girlfriends too-and at a better rate than nice guys. This I can tell you from experience (the short end of the stick).
4) Money - I admit it: I sometimes envision myself marrying rich and sitting there doing nothing. I could lie out on my wife's yacht and host lavish parties and hear about how crazy the Roaring 20's were, when my wife's friends were my age. Money is definitely high on a lot of people's list: remember when Anna Nicole Smith married that really old rich guy? I doubt it was because she thought he was hot, funny, or great in the sack. If you are looking for some rich dude, move on ladies....though if you are wealthy, please respond :) accordingly.
5) Super Hot - As much as we hate to admit it, the first thing we notice about someone else is how good or bad they look. But one of the first lessons we learn in the dating world is as beautiful as someone is on the outside, they could be ugly on the inside. Me, bald (my choice), stocky (genetics), nice eyes....I'm 54, really almost impossible for me to be toned and athletic at this age. But I can run circles around dudes half my age, and I'm hot on the inside.
6) Confident - Confidence is based on a lot of these characteristics. You are confident if you are talented, super hot, intelligent, or wealthy most likely. But confidence also enables you to treat people better, so you are kind and trustworthy as well. Because confidence includes so many of these other characteristic, it may just be the one major thing women look for in a man. I have nothing to say about this one, except I feel good, real good.
7) Talented Passionate - When someone possesses a special skill, such as visual art or guitar virtuosity, they get tons of girls. People like Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Tom Brady can go out with anyone they want because they are skilled. Heck, I'd go out with them (kidding). Usually skill occurs in tandem with passion, another attractive quality. When someone is really good at something, but not "hot," it makes sense that they can still attract a lot of women. It's less annoying to see someone like this in a relationship than it is to see a rich mean guy in a relationship. My talent is a good Dad, a geniune soul, and a true friend. My passion is my children, after that, I'm looking for someone to share a passion for life with. Are you out there?
8) Intelligent - Most men are intimidated by women who are more intelligent than they are. For a lot of people, intelligence is sexy. When someone is stupid, it's frustrating and boring, which is enough to drive someone away. I love a smart, educated woman.
9) Convenient - One can argue that convenience is a huge driver for a relationship. Does he live near you, is he "ready" to be in a relationship, does he want to have kids or not? Everything matches up correctly. Sure, he may not be the best-looking guy or have a lot of money, but it's just what you need and it's been a long, difficult search. Let's keep it at 30 miles max.